The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That's such an exaggerated PS it's untrue. :biggrin:

By the way, as a start I just said what originally got me interested in reading (family), and then showed how my interests have progressed as I have matured. Is that a bad way of starting then?
we wrote the juggling one, by taking random lines that people actually write in their personal statement and mashing them together. it's a little exaggerated, but we do actually get statements of that kind of standard in the ps helper forum.... it depends how it sounds when you read it. a statement could break all the "rules" and still read amazingly. it's an individual thing. if you want advice on it, post it in the ps helper forum.
I put simply:

I relish the prospect of embarking on a rigorous degree course and look forward to combining existing interests with new and exciting challenges.
bright star
we wrote the juggling one, by taking random lines that people actually write in their personal statement and mashing them together. it's a little exaggerated, but we do actually get statements of that kind of standard in the ps helper forum.... it depends how it sounds when you read it. a statement could break all the "rules" and still read amazingly. it's an individual thing. if you want advice on it, post it in the ps helper forum.

It's too late for that, I've already submitted it. I just didn't realise I was falling into the trap of boring and potentially rubbish openings.
i wasn't really commenting on your opening specifically i don't think. i was just saying don't do this.....
Reply 65
You should've been confident of your PS before you sent it.
T_Bag
You should've been confident of your PS before you sent it.

I am, I was just slightly concerned by all this talk of right and wrong openings/endings. It matters not, if I get rejected from all unis, I shall blame you guys for not being telepathic. :wink:
scamoosh
say some crap about how you are looking forward to uni, cant wait to get involved with the clubs etc. youfeel you would be a valued member to the course and the student community etc etc BADDABING

Nooooo! *waves hands frantically*. A PS should be about why you want to study a particular subject/be accepted onto a particular course, not about uni student life in general! You're meant to pretend you're gonna stay in and work your bum off all day :p:
tiger_vio
Nooooo! *waves hands frantically*. A PS should be about why you want to study a particular subject/be accepted onto a particular course, not about uni student life in general! You're meant to pretend you're gonna stay in and work your bum off all day :p:

you in training for being a ps helper??? i seem to spend half my life *waving hands frantically* sound advice tho :smile:
bright star
you in training for being a ps helper??? i seem to spend half my life *waving hands frantically* sound advice tho :smile:

Me? Good lord, no :p: I'm already panicing that my own statement is nowhere near upto scratch! I'm quite flattered though, haha.

Latest