The Student Room Group

Uni Requirements

Hi, I was just wondering that some unis (UCL in particular) prefer there students to take A-levels in one go, so it can demonstrate that they can cope with the heavy workload. If i take some modules in A2, January, will this therefore not compromise the requirement. I would particurarly like it if any UCL students could say whether they took some modules in January or not.

Thank You for all your help.
Reply 1
There's no problem there.

The only restriction is getting each A-level within two years. Other than that, which module you do when is not an issue. At all. They won't even know if you do some A2 modules in January of year 13.
Reply 2
R7
OP
Thanks for the reply Madprof!!! :smile:
Madprof
There's no problem there.

The only restriction is getting each A-level within two years. Other than that, which module you do when is not an issue. At all. They won't even know if you do some A2 modules in January of year 13.

is king's fussy about this 2 year business?
most places are fussy about you taking more than 2 years for your a levels to be honest. here, if you take longer, you're expected to get AAAa instead of AABb and you're at a pretty big disadvantage. most places won't consider you at all unless you have extenuating circumastance.
SilentGirl
is king's fussy about this 2 year business?

i think most of them are tbh:rolleyes:
it is medicine after all lol
Reply 6
Two years is a single sitting.
Three years is a single sitting and a resit.
Four years...
tami*
i think most of them are tbh:rolleyes:
it is medicine after all lol

its like our grades are for sale !!!
SilentGirl
its like our grades are for sale !!!

what?? now i'm really confused :confused:
bright star
what?? now i'm really confused :confused:

our future career depends on unis !! its their decision whether we do something that we want so much !!
SilentGirl
our future career depends on unis !! its their decision whether we do something that we want so much !!

yes, but what's that got to do with a sale?
bright star
yes, but what's that got to do with a sale?

coz now days grades mean nothing. Getting 4-5 A's is like 'nothing'. :frown:
SilentGirl
coz now days grades mean nothing. Getting 4-5 A's is like 'nothing'. :frown:

i understand everything you're saying. except how this relates to selling anything :confused:
bright star
i understand everything you're saying. except how this relates to selling anything :confused:

never mind. :smile:
You need to do all your A Levels in 2 years for almost all universities.

Universities will say no to people who haven't done so because there are so many applicants.

Just aim to get AAA!

Latest