The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you've signed the contract then you're tied in unless they chose to release you - you'd at least have to work the notice with this new company.
Reply 2
i want take this new job but i do like it where i am now. its a 1 week notice at the new place, so what do i do?
Reply 3
You could break the contract but you would need to be prepared for the consequences. I think you genuinely have to tell you new job that you can't start yet. Contracts are broken sometimes but it is a very serious thing. How can your new employers trust you knowing that you have walked away from your last contract. References for the future will also reflect this. And don't be fooled by thinking references cannot be negative. They have to be truthful, if you can prove what you are saying then that is what is important.

Recneps is right, but people break contracts with new companies all of the time. Most of the time the new companies do not pursue them. If you phone them and explain your dilemma, but that you still want to work for them, if they are a genuine company they will probably wait a week. Or get a temp in for a week. That would be the polite thing to do and there is a chance that it will work out OK

Good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending