The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm drafting my answers currently... some are harder than others. I hope to send it off after next Fri or something...

No idea if we'll get e-mails confirming they've got it... though we probably will.
Reply 2
I'm going to get mine sent this weekend after I have had a final draft. From what I can remember you dont recieve any confirmation that its been recieved.
Is it just for vet. that you get this - not for any other subjects?
Reply 4
i think doctors do as well
I got it on tuesday but Ive been away so lost a bit of time. It doesnt seem real that im actually applying!
I sent of my questionairre couple a weeks ago now and I got no sort of confirmation, apart from (your questionairre has been saved under "my name")
So I think I got mine sent okay.
Scary doing it, wanted to get it off quick so I was working what felt like 3 days straight to do it. Didn't rush it though, just put lots of time into it.
Reply 7
Botticello
It doesnt seem real that im actually applying!

I know... especially for me.
Reply 8
you dont get any confirmation apart from the actual on screen "saved" message when you send it. Just a waiting game now Im afraid folks!
Reply 9
I want an interview sooo bad (unlike most of you guys, it's not at all definite that I'll get one :frown:).
Reply 10

I sent mine on Monday and nothing.. I was pretty worried about now hearing anything, glad to see it appears to be normal :smile:
I spent about 4 hours solid on it before I sent it off redoing most of my answers. It still didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped, but eh...
Reply 11
I hated that questionaire! It wasn't nice! Least its over and done with now. I spent ages on it! Unfortunately I'm in the same situation as city_chic and I only have the one course I was able to apply for so my chances of interview are that bit slimmer. However, hopefully I'll be one of the lucky people who gets one! I'm keeping everything crossed!
You know in the tickbox section; 'I have researched recent developments in veterinary medicine and science' or w/e? Can that include bluetongue/foot and mouth? :s-smilie:
Reply 13
I sooo want an interview, still I think for the notts six year people its only a few weeks until we find out.
I am going to be broken if I get rejected.:frown:
bumbleboy
I sooo want an interview, still I think for the notts six year people its only a few weeks until we find out.
I going to be broken if I get rejected.:frown:

Me too, even just to see what the uni is like etc. I want an interview :frown:

So you mean a few weeks until we get notified of an interview?

Have you prepared much yet for a possible interview? I need to really start :s-smilie:

You've had an interview in the past haven't you? Please reassure me that it's fine!
Reply 15
Yeh I would think that as they normally give two weeks notice of interviews, then if the interviews are in early December they could start sending out info next week. ( I'm guessing interviews will be early December what with xmas and new year etc).
From what I can remember they will start sending out rejections at a similar time.

I really enjoyed the Notts interview when I was there, I found it was more relaxed and as it was mainly focused on practical skills, I could'nt help but focus on the object in front of me so i forgot to be nervous.
Focused on practical skills? So the interview discussion centres on that? Did you have to undertake a team-work assessment and animal handling task too? They're doing that this year at least.

Was the interview about 20-30 mins long? Did they ask the 'Why do you want to be a vet?' Q and stuff?
Reply 17
The only part I didnt have to do was the team work part. I did the animal handling just before the 'formal interview' so the animal was still the room, in fact it was sitting on my lap during the formal interview, which was a great ice breaker.
I dont remember getting asked any question quite that basic, most of the questions were based on my ps or tell us about a time when you experienced this on work experience and how did it make you feel, etc!

Not as bad as it sounds.

I was hoping they might use the same tests each year, but from what i can tell they are slightly different each year:frown:
Haha, was it a cat? :p:

I'm not sure if you're allowed to/want to say, but what did the animal handling task entail? Also is it small/large animals?

Did they ask a lot about diseases/current research developments/vaccinations etc or not?

Thanks lol.

Oh, and how many interviewers were there for you?
Reply 19
Well when I was there it was all small animal.

As I said for me the questions were very much tied in with what id written in the questionaire and my ps.

So id say if you get an interview know your ps etc inside out.

But then I didnt get in last time so i'm perhaps not the best person to ask!!! (although i was short listed for a space so i have hope)

Did you know that they only took on 25 people last year not the 30 they could have done! I was also surprised they only interviewed 40 people I thought they would interview more.

Fingers crossed we will both get in!!

Latest

Trending

Trending