The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Okay, thanks. I'll do that.

25? Really? That sucks...

Yep, good luck! :smile:

Tbh I have no idea if I'll even get an interview... What were your GCSE grades? Mine are really strong so I'm hoping they'll go a lot in my favour.
Reply 21
Tbh I dont really think I will get an interview. My academic side is compared to many weak, ie I have eleven A grade Gcses rather than eleven A*.
But when I asked for feed back after the last application Notts suggested I apply for this course as they I have a very strong work experience background and you can get in to the six year course on the strength of work experience so this course is more suited to me. I'm also doing another couple of A levels so on paper i tick all the boxes its just a case of wait and see, as you never know who your up against.

Sorry if I have been a bit tight with information, but selfish as it sounds if I do get an interview its might just help me, and while I dont want you to fail I want me to get in even more. If that makes sense!!
I have 7 A*s and 4 As at GCSE. I'm also predicted 3 As at A-level. I think I have a stronger academic record than work experience to say the least.

You haven't been that tight at all lol. And I totally understand; you have to put yourself first lol.

Anyway, maybe I'll see you there for an interview, lol.
Reply 23
Guys, its nothing at all to stress about! Notts are quite secretive about their interviews to give everyone a fair chance but you have 3 parts, the group one which is fine, a practical which I thought was great fun, plus you dont actually need any real knowledge and a formal interview which is the same as most other vet schools
tiny_tiger
Guys, its nothing at all to stress about! Notts are quite secretive about their interviews to give everyone a fair chance but you have 3 parts, the group one which is fine, a practical which I thought was great fun, plus you dont actually need any real knowledge and a formal interview which is the same as most other vet schools

Lol, maybe I shouldn't stress until I actually know if I get an interview or not :p:
Reply 25
Im with City chic, for me the worry is getting an interview rather than the interview itself!
bumbleboy
I#m with City chic, for me the worry is getting na interview rather than the interview itself!

Last year, what date did you get notifed of an interview?
Reply 27
Well my interview was in early feb, and I got about two weeks warning! But that was for the standard 5 year course.
bumbleboy
Well my interview was in early feb, and I got about two weeks warning! But that was for the standard 5 year course.

Oh I see. I thought you applied for the 6 year course last year as well.
Reply 29
Nah I only applied for the five year, At the time Nottingham suggested my application would suit the six year course better hence I'm applying for the six year course this year.
grr theres no chance of me going there now!!
Botticello
grr theres no chance of me going there now!!

... Why?
Reply 32
Why ever not?

I got my interview confirmation in late December. Interview 31st Jan.
Reply 33
You're probably all more likely to get an interview than me! I applied with only 300 UCAS points (majorly messed up my exams) It was kind of a shot in the dark applying to nottingham, but if I manage to get the grades but no offer then I'll apply again next year!
Also my Applicants portal keeps timing out! I can only get on the questionaire occassionally so I'm nowhere near finishing! D:
Reply 34
When was this years deadline?
Am so lost, have literally scoured the site for an hour but cannot find it!!!!
It'd driving me insane.

Oh, also, does anyone know if I have to send in references now? Or later.
Good god, I'm so lost on their website......
Reply 35
Original post by leginge
When was this years deadline?
Am so lost, have literally scoured the site for an hour but cannot find it!!!!
It'd driving me insane.

Oh, also, does anyone know if I have to send in references now? Or later.
Good god, I'm so lost on their website......

Last year it was two weeks after the date i received it...
Talking about the questionnaire, anyone know when the deadline is? I e-mailed admissions but they've not gotten back to me.
Original post by SilverstarDJ
Talking about the questionnaire, anyone know when the deadline is? I e-mailed admissions but they've not gotten back to me.

The deadline is two weeks after the date printed on the letter you should have received telling you how to access the portal.
Sent it off by that date. Glad it's all done and dusted now. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending