The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

What is Hertfordshire uni like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
yeah i didnt know the power was off last week !! i havent ahd any problems with interent or any services on dehav granted it is a bit annoying about the power on monday but its not the end of th world lol !!!!

There are no problems in my flat with anything we havent got anything broken, our phone stopped working and they came and fixed it about an hour later !!!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 41
i thoguth you live on telford mrks man mike ????
Reply 42
Mel2077
It's lonely here.
Thats all i have to say.

huh ... now i am scared :frown:
Reply 43
Ignore her, theres always plenty of people around, even at weekends the uni is still fairly busy. Also the range of students here means you'll always find someone with similar interests etc.
Especially if you're a fan of stabbing people. Plenty o' those!
Reply 45
stabbing ....lol ..
herts looks SOOO cool! i REALLY REALLY want to go there in September!
it seriously isnt as bad as some people make it out to be. I left my family in Dagenham at 17 and moved to Hatfield like since October. I love the town, it has a weird yet cool yet rough feel.
Telford IS the place to be... my friend tells meh about how crazy/cool it is :p:
Reply 47
Telford sucks. GO FERN!!!
Reply 48
No alcohol zones have just been implemented meaning if the police find you with alcohol they can take it off of you (in a lot of the streets around Hatfield)

Anyway I was there this morning. After visiting York, Durham and even Warwick.. Hatfield REALLY is a dump. And no i'm not applying there, i just live next door to hatfield and i was dropping someone off at the university :p:
Reply 49
I think calling it a dump is a bit harsh. I've seen a lot worse places Kingston Uni being one of them.
Haha, what?! I have no idea what the uni is like, but as a place Kingston is so so so much nicer than Hatfield.
Reply 51
A read this topic just before going down to visit the uni yesterday, I have to say that I'm from Loch Lommand ( for all that are bad at geography its 30 miles north of glasgow ) and I drove the over 8 hour drive and I must say it was well well worth it, the area around the uni is pretty nice, yeah it's not the best but come to glasgow then complain lol the shopppin mall was huge compared to what we have up here, the area looks like its developing which can only be a good thing ( new nike store opening 10am 2moz, aldi beside subway opening 20th March etc ) good signs of an up an coming area. The university facilities we're well good, a hell of alot better than up here at glasgow ( for engineering ). The new campus was very impressive, close to the motorway so if you want to get away and have a great night life then get on the bloody A1(M) and go somewhere lol airports nearby which was a welcome thing for me to get home (£80 return whoooooo lol, cost £120 on petrol lol ), yeah if u come to the area and thing its a bit 'down-market' for you then maybe just go somewhere else but the uni itself was great, as mentioned ( a think lol ) the lectures seem very enthusiast. Well my little rant is over and my defence of Herts is done lol Hope to see all you guys soon since am def coming down sept time, Thanks for listening Kel ( Kevin )

p.s Herts - 08, here we go!! lol
Reply 52
They throw an awful amount of money at the place. The new student club is getting a 31 million pound re-build. The facilities are good and the new library is very nice. Though walking around you get the feeling that no one really cares about it. When I visited it felt left and forgotten. I also thought the halls seemed very poky.
Hatfield as a place is rubbish, I work there and I am glad that is all I do there. Although I do use the Galleria as the cinema.

Any who I had the choice of there and Canterbury and woop I chose the latter. I live in Herts and while it is nice enough (although hatfield isnt) I need a change and will be glad of it.
I was chatting to a guy in a pub the other day down here in south London, and mentioned that I live in Hertfordshire most of the time. He said he's only ever been there to Hatfield once, for a "job", and it was a **** hole. I told that that this was where I live and that yes, it is indeed a **** hole.
Reply 54
shatfield
Reply 55
I think the place is getting an unfair review to be honest. I was there yesterday and it really aint as bad as your all making out.

Granted, it's no buzzing metropolis but try coming to Belfast and see how you get on.
Reply 56
DanGrover
Haha, what?! I have no idea what the uni is like, but as a place Kingston is so so so much nicer than Hatfield.

Seriously... I was there for an "open day" which was essentially me being taken to this guys office asked a few questions most of them pointless. I was then shown around by some random student who when we came to the end of the tour left me to find my own way out. When I left it was about 2pm and I didnt feel safe at all.

Plus I got an offer of 2 E's and an F. :rolleyes:

I dont think people were climbing over themselves to get in there that year and I really can't blame them.
Reply 57
poona
I think the place is getting an unfair review to be honest. I was there yesterday and it really aint as bad as your all making out.

Granted, it's no buzzing metropolis but try coming to Belfast and see how you get on.

Exactly. Go to some other universities and you'll see just how much better Herts is than most.
I dunno. I don't feel particularly unsafe in either, but there's a hell of a lot more going on in Kingston, and it has some really really nice bits - little pubs next to the river, decent restaurants etc. I dunno how far you can really claim you "didn't feel safe" having been there once. As I say, I know nothing about the university, I'm purely talking about Hatfield vs Kingston as places. I know which I'd rather live in.
Reply 59
kingston >>>>> herts

brunel >>>>> kingston

Quick Reply