The Student Room Group

As Ict Module 3- Unbelievable!

I can't believe this...

Last year in my AS ICT, I got a D grade, not that i'm thick but because I failed to do my coursework due to personal reasons.

I got an A in unit 1.
I got a B in unit 2.
But I got a U in unit 3.

I was hoping to resit unit 3 which is the AS ICT project this year, but the head of ICT says there is no way in which I can resit it. He said "just do your best with A2 and hope that you can pull your grade up". Is he for real? Cos I cannot get into the uni of my choices with that kind of grade..

Any idea on what to do? :confused: :redface:

Thanks
Reply 1
tell him b******* and slap a wet salmon round his face
Can't you drop it? If you do, opt out and do another AS or otherwise an intensive AS/A2 in one year.

You can get it up to a C at A2 realistically and a potential B if you do really well in the last three modules. You could consider retaking Unit 2 and pull that up to an A which could raise your AS grade to a C (potential B depending on how high the A in Unit 1 is). Is he just not allowing you to resit or is it actually not allowed by the board to resit Unit 3? If it's just him, persuade him that you'll be able to do it outside of the lesson while doing A2 and tell him to give you a deadline. I hope you get this sorted.
Are you taking 4-levels?

If you are then you can carry on with your 3 other A2's and keep ICT as an AS. Then surely he will let you resit as you won't have the A2 ICT coursework to worry about, just the AS. Also that way you can get an A at AS which looks much better than a C or D at A2.
Reply 4
If unit 3 is available in January then I don't see a reason as to why you can't retake it.

If he's being a bit of a p***** then you could perhaps take it further with the head of department or even the principal. Doing the latter can considerably speed up things, as I have experienced.
Reply 5
Hmm well tbh, i did my ict cw and i can tell you.. finishing BOTH projects in one year is not gonna be easy work..well actually yeah it is easy.. but it's just sooo time consuming. I'd drop ICT if i were you..
what reason did he give as to why you can't re-do it? It seems very odd.

Latest