The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They guarantee an interview if you have 19+. Your chance of getting an interview with an average BMAT score is still good provided you have the grades , PS, etc
Reply 2
okay thank you
Reply 3
No problem :wink:
Reply 4
yeah you have to get minimum of 5.0 in sections 1 and 2 as well by the way - you can't just have a great essay score, and rubbish sections 1 and 2
Reply 5
i am confident about the second section, and i got 600 in my vb for ukcat which is kida similar i for some questions
Reply 6
are you short for time in this test like you are in the ukcat
Reply 7
okay well anyway i have been using the book "preparing for Bmat," i have completed 90% of section 1 and 2 and find it extremely easy i am getting >85%. Are these questions much harder in the test
Reply 8
The main problem with this test is the time allowed. You must work through it quickly and steadily and don't fall behind.
Reply 9
yeah bmat is tough - don't ever rely on it!
yes, I agree. Throw on an extra 15 minutes on both sections and I would get around 90%. The essay is a bit scary though
Reply 11
The material itself is not difficult per se, its the way that the questions have twists, its more the fact that its exceedingly easy to make mistakes under the time pressure.
Reply 12
the essay is fairly hard to, plus timeis defintely a killer
Reply 13
When practising Sections 1+2 make sure you give yourself approximately 10% less time that you would have in the real exam, eg 55 minutes for Section 1 and 27 for Section2. This will enable you to speed up your thought processes and simulate the pressure you will be under in the exam.

For the essay you should be in no way strapped for time. 30 minutes is more than enough time to write 30 lines. It's the planning that makes or breaks an essay.
Reply 14
okay will do, i am sure to have trouble with section c as my english is poor but i hopefully i can score highly in 1 and 2
Reply 15
would you recomend the kaplan courses for bmat
No, they're a scam.
Reply 17
Kapscam. Medscam. Synonymous yet different.
Reply 18
neilnpatel
would you recomend the kaplan courses for bmat

No, (although they do give you a load of questions) The advice is a regurgitation of whats in the avaliable books.
Reply 19
can anyone give me some links that may not appear in google for some questions

Latest

Trending

Trending