The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Most schools do cash in, so I would assume that those that don't will say so. But people might be absent/not listening/confused etc.

You can tell whether your grades are cashed in by looking at your results slip. There's been laods of threads about that though, and I think it's even on the wiki, so I can't be bothered to explain.
Juno
Most schools do cash in, so I would assume that those that don't will say so. But people might be absent/not listening/confused etc.

You can tell whether your grades are cashed in by looking at your results slip. There's been laods of threads about that though, and I think it's even on the wiki, so I can't be bothered to explain.

yeah - all of my results slips have only UMS marks and module grades, no overall grades. For some reason I was under the impression that schools could choose to cash grades in after results day, and that my school would then have cashed my maths grade in.

Does this mean universities will only see my 'predicted' grade for maths?
Reply 42
bruisepristine
yeah - all of my results slips have only UMS marks and module grades, no overall grades. For some reason I was under the impression that schools could choose to cash grades in after results day, and that my school would then have cashed my maths grade in.

Does this mean universities will only see my 'predicted' grade for maths?

They can only cash in at the exam seasons, so the earliest you'll get your actual grade is March (although they may leave it until next August, it depends on them).

You have to put your maths AS as pending. However, you can ask your referee to state what you got in your reference. You can do that with any of your grades, not just the dropped one.
They can put a short sentence explaining that they haven't cashed it in yet as that's school policy, but that you got an E and were awfully proud of it :smile:
Juno
They can only cash in at the exam seasons, so the earliest you'll get your actual grade is March (although they may leave it until next August, it depends on them).

You have to put your maths AS as pending. However, you can ask your referee to state what you got in your reference. You can do that with any of your grades, not just the dropped one.
They can put a short sentence explaining that they haven't cashed it in yet as that's school policy, but that you got an E and were awfully proud of it :smile:

I got a C :redface:
thanks for your help, I wish my head of year knew as much about UCAS applications as you do!

Latest

Trending

Trending