The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine??????

Hey, i was planning to apply to medicine but i was lazy and unorganised so now it too late. But I'm still planing to apply for graduate entry medicine. what degree will give me a higher chance of getting accepted? At first i thought biomedical but my chemistry teacher was like "noo thats a mith if you go for something like pharmacy you will have a higher chance" sooo in conclusion I'm really confused :s-smilie: can anyone give any suggestions? by the way i don't want to take a gap year.
thanks
i don't understand why people think that graduate entry medicine is a good idea. what is it about the idea of a gap year that you dislike so much? in the long run you'll save at least 2 years. plus thousands and thousands of pounds. not onlyu are you not entitled to a fees loan for a second degree, but the cap on fees will have been lifted by the time you qualify making it up to £15000 a year..... add to this the fact that admissions to graduate courses are far more competitive than standard courses . i don't see why anyone would put themselves through this unless they genuinely changed their mind about medicine later in life. just think very carefully about it.
If you really want to do Medicine, take a gap year. If you're intent on doing a degree, at least pick something you're interested in, not just the subject you think will give you the best chance.

Latest

Trending

Trending