The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I've been watching this thread for a while now but haven't posted coz I haven't had anything to add. I applied at Coventry, Portsmouth, Greenwich, Hertfordshire and Bournemouth to do Paramedic Science.

I've got interviews at Bournemouth, Greenwich and Hertfordshire. I got my letter from Greenwich today - I know a lot of you have been asking if anybody has an interview at Greenwich. My interview is on January 27th. I got rejected by Coventry and not sure about Portsmouth but it's looking like rejection which is a shame coz Portsmouth was probably my favourite of the bunch.

Good luck with all your interviews!
Reply 301
Anyone else got an Oxford Brookes interview?
Received a letter to say I had one for 17th January but I need a C1 provisional on that day, which you can't get until 2 months before 18th birthday!! As I'm 18 in May I've no chance of succeeding that problem, even though I do already have my B!
:mad:
Reply 302
Hi,

I am also goin to the interview at Oxford on 17th January. However, i'm 18 in December so have recently received my C1 provosional. I don't see how they can say that really and i was confused when i got the letter. Surely most of the applicants will be post january birthdays so that would be a large amount of applicants. I dont really know, id recommend phoning the university.

Still haven't heard anything from Plymouth and UWE. Don't know when the universities break up for christmas and when they'll commence after xmas. Hope they dont make me wait too long?

Merry xmas
Reply 303
Ye I'm ringing on Monday since I didn't know whether they'd be in on a Saturday, be weird if they do discriminate on age ... I thought C1 would just be needed by August/start of the course like Coventry do with B :s
Don't know about other unis but at Northampton the main uni broke up on the 12th with health care breaking up on the 19th and health care go back on 5th with the main uni back on 12th.
I thought my Greenwich interview letter had a slightly odd condition --
"By the 1st September 2009 you must have at least 1 years driving experience."
I suppose it makes a lot of sense but must count quite a few people out. I will have over 2 and a half years experience by then so I'm ok.
Reply 306
For those that have Herts interviews in Spring, what date are they? i'm still waiting for my date so would like a rough idea!!

Also does anyone know what happens about the Coventry fitness test if you have a (by that will just ahve had a) broken leg?
Reply 307
Pinkling Herts have interviews til April so it could be anytime, and Cov should take your broken leg into account just make sure you tell em
Pinkling I had the same issue with oxford brooke i was underimpression no driving was needed at time of application...... so i have cancelled app with them which is annoying but one of those things ....

the reason why they need C1 as i was told when i enquired after recieving interview letter was that the driving part in the interview process needs a C1 Provis so i guess they want you to drive somthing large
Reply 309
Got my greenwich interview letter today :smile: 26th feb!! :biggrin:
Reply 310
I was wondering has anyone been accepted or had interview at Sheffield Hallam because I have looked and have seen a lot of people got rejected? Its my first choice so I'm desperate for them to accept me.
Also are they strict on certain qualifications or something because I know a lot of people havent got in there.
Hi, i've just joined :smile:
I have applied to do paramedic science at:
UWE
Bournemouth
Coventry
Oxford Brookes

I've only heard back from Coventry and have an interview on the 12th Feb but am rather worried about the fitness test even though alot of people say it will be fine im not the healthiest.
Anyone heard back from the other Unis i have applied for, for interviews?
Reply 312
LouiseAmanda
UWE
Bournemouth
Coventry
Oxford Brookes

I've only heard back from Coventry and have an interview on the 12th Feb but am rather worried about the fitness test even though alot of people say it will be fine im not the healthiest.

Ye got an interview at Brookes but too young as birthday needs to be before Feb, and rejection from UWE without a reason that fit me ... oh well
House23
I was wondering has anyone been accepted or had interview at Sheffield Hallam because I have looked and have seen a lot of people got rejected? Its my first choice so I'm desperate for them to accept me.
Also are they strict on certain qualifications or something because I know a lot of people havent got in there.

Hey House :smile:

Sheffield is the only uni that rejected me :frown: Their reason: My qualifications :s-smilie: I did an Access course (for adults) in Human Physiology Level 3, Bilolgy Level 3 and Psychology Level 3. To my anger they only accept A-Levels, pref 2 in a science subject inc biology, chemistry, and human physiology with AAB. ohh and 5 GCSE's at grade C or above inc Maths and English are a must. Ive appealed their decision on the grounds of discrimination towards mature students (not accepting Access to HE the only entry post sixth form) and im still awaiting there reply.
LouiseAmanda
UWE
Bournemouth
Coventry
Oxford Brookes

Ill be at Coventry with you on the 12th :smile: a few people I met at Herts interview are also going, they were decent lads. For the bleep test you need to reach level 5. Just to show how easy that is the first 3/4 levels are walking and up to level 6 is a gentle jog. The only thing that would stop people would be having high blood pressure. You need a resting heart rate bellow 100. Mines 68 resting Just take your pulse from your wrist or neck and count how many beats you have in 60 seconds and remeber to do it when your resting :P
paloalto
Got my greenwich interview letter today :smile: 26th feb!! :biggrin:

Congratulations mate :smile: and good luck.
Reply 316
Hi All.

I know its all about personal preference etc but just curious, if you were to get offers from the follwing places which one would you prefer and why? UWE,coventry, Ox Brookes or plymouth?

Good luck with yr exams :-)
Reply 317
Is anyone here going through their second round of applications? As in reapplying after not getting in last year?
Just worried about various things that are influencing Uni!
I almost was but then got a place at the last minute. I seen a few people who are though.
Reply 319
I'm a reapplier. My own stupid fault for thinking I knew it all and going against everybodies advice and only applying to one university.

Quick Reply

Latest