The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SilentGirl
i was thinking that i might put 'maths' as my backup when i apply next year. But looks like it might not be a good idea. So, unis are entitled to see whereelse im applying...that should be confidential.

Nono, I was speaking to my Bio teacher who said about 10 years ago they could see your other choices - not anymore. The only problem there is writing your PS in a Mathsy and Mediciney way. :smile:
Speedbird2006
Nono, I was speaking to my Bio teacher who said about 10 years ago they could see your other choices - not anymore. The only problem there is writing your PS in a Mathsy and Mediciney way. :smile:

don't even mention maths in your statement.
Ok, I have applied to Kings College for Medicine 08, and EVERYONE i talked to have received an acknowledgement letter.

Why haven't I received mine? Is there something wrong?
I have been obsessively stalking my postman, but Kings doesnt seem to send anything. Does this mean I'm rejected?

Please reply, I'm freaking out
if you have got acknowledgments from other universities then King's must have received it as ucas is electronic, your IB results look very promising, i'm sure they will speak to you soon its probably because you live in france. if you are really worried try calling them. good luck :smile: and i hope you hear from them soon.
Reply 44
paranoid_IB
Ok, I have applied to Kings College for Medicine 08, and EVERYONE i talked to have received an acknowledgement letter.

Why haven't I received mine? Is there something wrong?
I have been obsessively stalking my postman, but Kings doesnt seem to send anything. Does this mean I'm rejected?

Nadda. Acknowledgements should be sent to everybody, just to confirm that they have your application. You could be predicted EUU and you'd still get an acknowledgement. You won't know if you're rejected (or given an interview) for a while yet me thinks.
Reply 45
Jackarias
I was insanely nervous when I saw the envelope. Picked it up, thinking it was either going to be a "yes we'll interview you" or a "no, sorry" one.

Opened it, and it was merely a confirmation of application letter for biomedicine, rather than medicine.

phew.

scarey stuff.

Great............So why you telling us?
Reply 46
More importantly, why did you feel the need to post that?
I sent my UCAS application in on Sept 28th, got my UCAS confirmation on Oct 10th or so (even though it was dated Oct 2nd, damn postal strikes XD)

I've not had a confirmation letter from KCL yet, but I checked my email this morning to find an email from Kings inviting me to interview on November 7th!!!!

*HAPPYDANCES*

>.> sorreeee ... now you probably all hate me. *hides* :biggrin:
Reply 48
invisibleforest
I sent my UCAS application in on Sept 28th, got my UCAS confirmation on Oct 10th or so (even though it was dated Oct 2nd, damn postal strikes XD)

I've not had a confirmation letter from KCL yet, but I checked my email this morning to find an email from Kings inviting me to interview on November 7th!!!!

*HAPPYDANCES*

>.> sorreeee ... now you probably all hate me. *hides* :biggrin:

I certainly do :biggrin:

Congrats
Reply 49
congrats
do u mind me asking how you did in ur UKCAT/A levels?
also when did u send ur ucas form off
well done gd luck in the interview
lol congrats to all who have got interviews.

I put my school email address so If Ive had any I cant check them. I put that because I board so it seemed like a good idea...Even though there probably isnt any new mail, its driving me silly the fact that I cant look! lol :biggrin:
Reply 51
She said Sept 28th.

Knowing her UKCAT and A-level grades won't really count for much in your case, even if you do have similar grades. It may make you feel a little more comfortable because someone with similar grades has gotten in.

But you can have all the academics in the world, but if your personal statement and reference aren't strong, you're not getting anywhere.
I got 665 in UKCAT - not as great as some I've heard on here, but okay I guess. :smile: And A's for AS :smile:

*is a she*

:tongue:
Reply 53
Thank you for clearing that up. Edited my last post to show that. :biggrin:
Reply 54
Hmm, I wish King's would hurry up with the acknowledgement letter! I want mine :frown:
Reply 55
Cataclysm
Hmm, I wish King's would hurry up with the acknowledgement letter! I want mine :frown:

It really isn't much. It's just to confirm that they have it and that you may get an interview at any point between now and April.
Reply 56
Tabris
It really isn't much. It's just to confirm that they have it and that you may get an interview at any point between now and April.

I know, it won't be much but it offers that the satisfaction that your form has safely arrived and they are now considering it!
Reply 57
Finally got mine today! Nearly **** myself cuz I thought it was a rejection.
Reply 58
That letter is the biggest waste of paper ever! Why not email like Manchester?
Reply 59
wutang
That letter is the biggest waste of paper ever! Why not email like Manchester?

Because letters are much more personal than emails.

Latest

Trending

Trending