The Student Room Group

Ireland 1801-1921 A2 coursework

I really want to get this piece out of the way this half term, and I'm aiming for full marks; I've missed some lessons through illness, however, and feel slightly unprepared.

I should be fine once I get going but I need to do myself a plan, basically:

I need to decide on clear themes to discuss, and the order to include them (and certainly to ensure nothing is missed out), and as part of this I'd like to draw up a checklist of things that need to be included.

Is anyone else doing this coursework, who would like to discuss it? :smile:
Ahh this is horrible, I don't know where to begin. I am completely stuck; there are basically 6 or 7 groups to discuss which can be roughly split into effective and ineffective.

I don't know whether to organise it chronologically, explaining what and why for each and then tying them together, or thematically, ie tying them together by reasons for the success, but this seems to be drifting from the essay title a little:

"How effectively did Irish Catholic and nationalist leaders advance their cause in the years 1801 - 1921"

as it would be assessing why they were effective rather than how effectively...

I really want to make this piece my best, but I've never been this utterly stuck before! Could anyone offer any advice?

Latest