The Student Room Group

What part-time job do high-school students usually do?

Hello,everyone.
I am a new here,both here and Brtain.
I just came from China and now I am going to stay in Manchester for one year.Everything is new to me and I am trying to get used to the school life here,of course,pretty different from China.
I want to get a part-time job after I get into school,next Monday.But I don't know what job do students usually do.I am 15.Am I able to get a part-time job?If the answer is "yes",where should I get it?How about the salary?I want to get the information about this as much as possible.
At the moment,my English is not very well but I believe it will be improved in the next one year.I am going to study in the Trinity High,level 10(It's a pity that I can't study in the level 11,cause my bad English:p: ).I wish my school life is perfect and I want to get a lot of friends,too.
Please help me,and thanks a lot at first. :smile:
Reply 1
You said that ou are 15 years old so that probably won't be so hard. You can do paper rounds as that is the most popular job for teens. It pays about 6 pounds a week but the rates can go higher or even lower depending on your employer.
Good luck.
Reply 2
Hello everyone.
I am a new here, both to the forum and Britain.
I just came from China and now I'm going to stay in Manchester for one year. Everything is new to me and I am trying to get used to the school life here, being pretty different from China of course.
I want to get a part-time job after I get into school next Monday, but I don't know what job students usually do. I am 15. Can I get a part-time job? If the answer is "yes", where should I get it? How about the salary? I want to get as much information about this as possible.
At the moment my English is not very good but I believe it will improve in the next year. I am going to study at Trinity High, level 10 (It's a pity that I can't study in the level 11 because of my bad English :tongue:). I hope my school life is perfect and I want to get a lot of friends too.
Please help me and thanks in advance :smile:

I changed it a bit to correct some punctuation mistakes and to make it read easier, I know I'd want someone to if I'd just moved to China and was writing in Chinese.

A paper round would probably be best. My brothers got about £3 an hour when they did it but they hated getting up early :biggrin:
Reply 3
At 15 I'm afraid you probably won't get anything too good, lots of places only employ 16-year-olds.

However, the best thing would be to get work in a large chain store, for example, a supermarket (Sainsbury's/ Marks and Spencer/ Asda etc) or clothing store (Gap, Top Shop etc), where the pay is about £5 an hour.
Reply 4
It's really very kind of you. I tried my best not to make any mistakes in my writing but...
A hard time is waiting for me, I see.
And turn to the job. I don't care wehther the job is hard or tired. I believe I can do it. I think the work after school is better, cause I have a lot of after-school time here than China.(A normal Chinese 15-year-old student won't leave school until five every schoolday!)
Maybe I can first do some free work to get more experience, to get job easier.
If a paper round is the best solution, I must keep waiting till I get into school because I know nobody at once!
Reply 5
cecilia1111
Hello,everyone.
I am a new here,both here and Brtain.
I just came from China and now I am going to stay in Manchester for one year.Everything is new to me and I am trying to get used to the school life here,of course,pretty different from China.
I want to get a part-time job after I get into school,next Monday.But I don't know what job do students usually do.I am 15.Am I able to get a part-time job?If the answer is "yes",where should I get it?How about the salary?I want to get the information about this as much as possible.
At the moment,my English is not very well but I believe it will be improved in the next one year.I am going to study in the Trinity High,level 10(It's a pity that I can't study in the level 11,cause my bad English:p: ).I wish my school life is perfect and I want to get a lot of friends,too.
Please help me,and thanks a lot at first. :smile:

What ****ing ignorant mod gave her 2 warning points for that? This site, sometimes...
Reply 6
mayavara
What ****ing ignorant mod gave her 2 warning points for that? This site, sometimes...

Indeed, it's quite terrible.
Reply 7
I see...I just put my e-mail adress in my passage and then recieve the warning...I havn't read the rules here at all...It's all my fault...
Holiday will be ended up soon, do you always feel upset at such times?
I used to hate the school days but now I won't...Can you imagine that I had a summer holiday which lasts for 4 months?:eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending