The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

General Warwick Questions!

Hi all

am starting Warwick this September, doing the theatre and performance studies course...is anyone else doing it or know anyone that is...general info on how people find the course would be great and if anyone knows which drama societies are the best to join that would be fab too! also just wondering if anyone can tell me abit bout accomodation, ive applied for arthur vick but after reading loads of student comments, am abit worried that i shouldve gone for rootes which was my second choice as im an outgoing person and quite fancy the nightlife at rootes!?! also one final thing...does anyone know if the riding society is active, im hoping to join but only if its worth while!

cheers guys
L xxx :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 1
Well I'm inclined to say MTW (Music Theatre Warwick), because it's the largest, and the one I'm most involved in via the bands. Someone I lived with last year joined Codpiece and had smaller productions, but major parts in them. Depends what you want really. Re riding society - I don't know, join it (at only £2.50 - bargain) and find out if it's active. If it's not, then make it active!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Hey! The riding society is active...my housemate used to go riding every other Wed and then to socials as well. Also, I have just graduated in Theatre and Perf Studies from Warwick. Coming back to do a PGCE in Drama and English! Personally, I loved the course, they take about 30 ppl which is great as it means you really get to know everyone. There are some great lecturers. You get to do loads of practical as well as theoretcial stuff but can choose to focus on dif areas in 2nd/3rd year. Some modules do feel like you're taking Eng Lit but thats not a bad thing I guess. I did a Community Theatre project instead of a Dissertation and spent 10 weeks in prison running workshops every Friday. Best of luck with it. If you need any help, have any other random questions etc feel free to email me as I'll have all my stuff and folders up with me in Sept! Sarah
Reply 3
Thats wicked then, im really looking forward to the course, it does sound amazing, definitely one of the best in the country i reckon! glad the riding is active...will be joining that! cant wait to start now, altho im pretty scared too, but heh everyones in the same boat! :smile:
Reply 4
I want to join the Riding Society. Are beginner's allowed to join? :biggrin:

Latest