The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Accountancy
Computing, which I did :smile: Or if not that, I'd have done Chemistry.
Chemistry, Economics, Computing?
Well, Chemistry's the obvious choice, or perhaps economics, to complement the maths.
What do you want to do at uni?
Reply 6
take no more subjects those 3 will get u into most uni's if you take em to A2 why bother with chem or eco or anything else?
^ Because most universities expect you to have taken 4 AS's?
Reply 8
I took Chemistry, but I would have taken Computing. Your choice really.
What subjects do you enjoy most?
I would say chemistry, but it depends on what you enjoy.
I saw in another thread you're planning to do Maths, in which I wouldn't worry about it too much, just pick something you'll like, preferrably a respectable subject.
Reply 11
1st year I did Maths, Physics, Electronics & Chem.

Hated Chem, no answers to why just how lol

Dropped chem no doing Maths Physics Electronics and hoping to self teach Further maths. If you can do electronics I would go for it its a reet laugh!

I would steer away from Chem, do something a bit different, a lesson you can just enjoy, your 4th subject won't matter when you come to apply to Uni. My subject to enjoy was/is electronics and I dont regret it! (Although I may regret trying this FM thing...)
chemistry
Reply 13
Well I did maths, fmaths, physcis, and chemistry and chemistry is probably the most hardest. Maybe it is because of the heavy coursework in Salters Chemistry. So choose a subject with little or no coursework - my opinion.
Reply 14
u_dun_noe
what subject would you take for a 4th????

Is this for A2 or AS?
Im doing Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Biology at A2. I guess it depends what you want to do for a living. Maths and Physics are what i'm best at (you wouldn't think so, looking at my grades though), because of the way my mind works, and i quite fancied taking philosophy, because it fitted in nicely with the whole physics thing of "why do things work that way?" but my 6th form doesn't offer it. Also, maybe Chemistry?
I did French and Economics on top of that...
I think Economics would be quite good to add more range to your subjects, but thats dependant on what you plan to do at uni!
I did Economics and Computing as well as the 3 you've already chosen.
Both of them complemented the other subjects nicely but I'd recommend Economics.
Reply 17
ANYTHING but not Computing !

If I could go back I'd pick Chemistry, I can't though so I'm stuck doing Computing for another year :frown:
Err, why not Computing?
Reply 19
i took Fine Art with those three haha... i dunno what the logical choice would be.

Latest