Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
coz bastards like me sit there hitting refresh, just like you :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
and also because uk-learning can't be stuffed to get a better server!
Reply 22
LittleMinx
a very touching story :tongue:
(im hoping he didn't keep said bottle of milk in that particular fridge, in which case i'll pass with the offer of beer......)

I get the impression that the said bottle of 'milk' was in that particular fridge. Might even still be there for all we know. That'd be another twist to a wonderful story!
Reply 23
Anyway, I have one of those fridges, and yeh they're noisy.

But i was thinking of taking it anyway and just putting it in the kitchen, that way everyone gets a bit more space. There can't be any regulations about that surely? given that we'll be playing with cookers and stuff in the kitchen anyway :biggrin:
Reply 24
I think the whole point of putting it in your room was people don't steal your food etc - so putting it in the kitchen just defeats the whole bloody point :rolleyes:
Reply 25
hshah
I think the whole point of putting it in your room was people don't steal your food etc - so putting it in the kitchen just defeats the whole bloody point :rolleyes:

Put it in the kitchen and padlock it? :rolleyes:
Reply 26
there are, i believe, such things as selfless reasons. i have one of these anyway, and if i cant use it in my room, i might aswell try and use it elsewhere. :smile:
Reply 27
Eggm0n
there are, i believe, such things as selfless reasons. i have one of these anyway, and if i cant use it in my room, i might aswell try and use it elsewhere. :smile:

You won't be saying that when someone steals your yellow milk! :eek:
Eggm0n
coz bastards like me sit there hitting refresh, just like you :smile:

:|
Reply 29
mg84

if someone drinks MY yellow milk, i'm gonna die laughing!
mg84

Surely if its yellow youd want it to be stolen!
Reply 31
LittleMinx
Surely if its yellow youd want it to be stolen!

:rolleyes:
Reply 32
LittleMinx
a very touching story :tongue:
(im hoping he didn't keep said bottle of milk in that particular fridge, in which case i'll pass with the offer of beer......)

nah... the one that was pissed in was in the shared fridge :smile: hence him buying his own personal fridge... he told me that his fridge sharers ended up drilling (yup drilling) a lock into the fridge so it couldnt happen again... but by the time they did that he already had his own fridge...
remembered another nice halls story for you mark... every morning at 4 am or so someone put bread into the toaster on the highest setting (which is usually used for defrosting and making toast from frozen bread or sumthing) resulting in a load of smoke and the fire alarm going off at 4 am every morning... lol... not quite sure how many weeks that happened for... shouldnt happen to us... but still its one for your book mark :smile:
Reply 33
Alex M
They are noisy anyway, and will probably piss you off while your trying to sleep.

yeah so true. my friend's sister had to get rid of her mini fridge after the first term because the fan kept her awake all night.
Reply 34
I think (though I may be wrong) that the reason you are not meant to have mini fridges in your room is to do with the power consumption. They are a bit paranoid about people tripping the circuit breakers by using too many electrical things all at once. So, for example, if you are in JM, you will most probably be asked not to use the toaster, microwave and kettle all at once while the fridge is plugged in :tongue:
Jenn xx
Reply 35
Well they can stuff themselves because my PC uses a hell of a lot of power! At home it costs me just over £1 a day to keep it running!
Reply 36
I'm definetely gonna get a mini fridge, and simply hide it. As for the noise I have had a pc on 24/7 in my room for many years. My current pc is perfectly silent, but the last one was quite noisy I have grown accustomed to it, and I can sleep despite noise.
Reply 37
I have beer fridge and its bout 2 feet away from my head when i sleep .... i never had trouble sleeping even when i first got it.. may cause people trouble if they want to get to sleep in my room .... but ne1 in my room will certainly not be sleeping :wink:
Reply 38
JennLlama
I think (though I may be wrong) that the reason you are not meant to have mini fridges in your room is to do with the power consumption. They are a bit paranoid about people tripping the circuit breakers by using too many electrical things all at once. So, for example, if you are in JM, you will most probably be asked not to use the toaster, microwave and kettle all at once while the fridge is plugged in :tongue:
Jenn xx

Our kitchen got told several times not to use everything in the kitchen at once, so we agreed, then promptly turned everything on, used it for an hour or so, and it was fine.
Lee86
I have beer fridge and its bout 2 feet away from my head when i sleep .... i never had trouble sleeping even when i first got it.. may cause people trouble if they want to get to sleep in my room .... but ne1 in my room will certainly not be sleeping :wink:

hahahaha er yeah mate whatever, get over yourself! :wink:

Latest