The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes you can but afaik it cant be similar to your other piece.
Reply 2
dice
This is for my media studies which I somehow got a grade D in. With the written sections I got a very good B grade but the coursework (obviously) pushed me down a grade.

If you want to resubmit the coursework, you have to resit the exam aswell. I only wanted to resit my exams because i got A's in all my courseworks, but im not allowed, the cwk has to be resubmitted to. It comes as a package.
Reply 3
kirstinx
Yes you can but afaik it cant be similar to your other piece.

I don't have to re-do my coursework, i just resubmit the exact same piece. Theres only so many things you can put in a piece of coursework, it would be impossible to completely change it and still get good/full marks like i need to. They don't check if it's the same piece, they don't need to.
Reply 4
My teacher told me it had to be completely redone and I couldnt resubmit it.
Reply 5
Maybe it depends on the exam board. What exam board is that for? Mine's AQA for science.
Reply 6
Kady
If you want to resubmit the coursework, you have to resit the exam aswell. I only wanted to resit my exams because i got A's in all my courseworks, but im not allowed, the cwk has to be resubmitted to. It comes as a package.

So if I redid a module/unit then I wouldn't have to resit everything else, BUT if I resubmit my coursework, I would have resit everything else? :eek:

My exam board is OCR and I want to redo my "foundation production".
Reply 7
Yes you can re-sit your coursework.

I'm doing it in AS History, and it's a different essay question to the one I got last year.

Also, I don't have to re-do my examined units again.
Reply 8
If you want to re-submit your coursework, you have to resit the exam that was in the same module as the coursework. I don't know how the modules work for your subject, but for example, in science, the coursework was part of module 3, so if i wanted to re-submit it, id have to resit the mod 3 exam.
What exam board? What unit? With coursework especially, lost of regulations depend on the board and even the school. If you got a D in a coursework-only unit, you must submit new coursework because you are retaking the unit.
With WJEC, CH3 is made up of coursework and a 45 minute exam, I'm bringing my coursework mark forward and resitting the exam. Sort of the same thing.

Latest