The Student Room Group

15 Credits???

Hi.
I have just begun my AS's at my 6thform, however we are also encouraged to do 'CV enrichment'. As a way of 'enrichment' i have enrolled myself on a university course. it is only the first module of a business degree in marketing an management. If i pass, i recieve '15 Credits' towards any university when i apply.

what are these credits and will it really help me with my university applications?

Never heard of "credits" in my life.

People seem to overestimate the importance of "credits" and "UCAS points" and other arbitrary things. Sure, by all means do the enrichment thing, sounds like a great opportunity, but don't do it if all you want out of it is these "credit" things. Most universities give you offers based on grades, that's all.
Reply 2
generalebriety
Never heard of "credits" in my life.

People seem to overestimate the importance of "credits" and "UCAS points" and other arbitrary things. Sure, by all means do the enrichment thing, sounds like a great opportunity, but don't do it if all you want out of it is these "credit" things. Most universities give you offers based on grades, that's all.

i had never heard of the credits before either, however it was mentioned as an advantage of doing the course :smile:
Reply 3
You can be pretty sure they'll mean absolutly squat. Not only might they just be ignored when you get to uni, you'll have most likely have to go to a specific uni (nodoubt somewhere rubbish) to make them worth anything.

I [think I] have 10 credits towards an Engineering degree at Brighton - fat chance of actually completing the degree as applying there didn't even cross my mind.

I understand 10 credits equates to about a fortnight's work at uni...some places (e.g. the Open University) rely on a credits system as you can do bits and bobs, then cash in for a degree (rather like sticking your Pick'n'Mix on the scales! :p: )

Anyway, credits before actually getting to uni....waste of time :smile:

EDIT: You said "any university", yeah really don't count on them being recognized...but you never know :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending