The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How about we just stick to giving advice instead of trying to guilt-trip the OP?
Reply 21
I can't believe the OP is asking a genuine question and people are replying with stupid remarks about how the chickens are kept. This has nothing to do with what the OP was asking!

To the OP, I'm sure that if it was only requiring that much heating you should be fine. Although by now I'm sure you know :p:.
Reply 22
Pulling A Fast One
how much of it did you eat?

i ate a bit of fish the other day that i thought was cooked but when i got to the middle, it was cold. i spat it out but it was too late.. had the diarrhoea since wednesday and it only just stopped this mornin :frown:

i'll always make sure meat is cooked now :frown::frown:

Funny, because raw fish really shouldn't cause any problems.
Meep!
Funny, because raw fish really shouldn't cause any problems.

Raw fish can give you all kinds of diseases. Some are even fatal. Japanese people have a habit in eating raw fish so if you check how many people die per year from eating raw fish you'll see it's not safe.

If you have any of these illnesses, stay away from raw fish.
1) liver disease
2) HIV/AIDS
3) diabetes
4) stomach disorders
5) inflammatory bowel disease
6) cancer
7) abnormal iron metabolism
8) other autoimmune disorders

You can even get hepatitis A, worms, and other pathogens from eating raw fish.
Reply 24
Ach, you'll most likely be fine.

Worse case: some throwing up in the morning.
Reply 25
devilsthorn
Raw fish can give you all kinds of diseases. Some are even fatal. Japanese people have a habit in eating raw fish so if you check how many people die per year from eating raw fish you'll see it's not safe.

Find me an accurate statistic.

Japanese people are not just ok because they're used to it, anyone can eat sushi and be fine. The only time that there would be a real problem with raw fish is if it was going off (or if you ate the poisonous bit of a puffer fish).

So tell me, do you think you'd die of eating beef that was still leaking blood, Devilsthorn?
blahblah7
Im sure the chicken was feeling far worse being kept in cramped conditions, with the sole purpose of its existance to be killed and eaten. My heart bleeds for you with a sore back.

There's starving people in Africa too who'd be grateful for a bit of chicken! Damn selfish OP for being concerned about food poisoning.

:rolleyes: numpty.
Meep!
Find me an accurate statistic.

Japanese people are not just ok because they're used to it, anyone can eat sushi and be fine. The only time that there would be a real problem with raw fish is if it was going off (or if you ate the poisonous bit of a puffer fish).

So tell me, do you think you'd die of eating beef that was still leaking blood, Devilsthorn?

Yep. I ate a raw beef once and ended up in hospital. The doctor said if I received treatment a little later I'd be dead.
Reply 28
devilsthorn

If you have any of these illnesses, stay away from raw fish.
1) liver disease
2) HIV/AIDS
3) diabetes
4) stomach disorders
5) inflammatory bowel disease
6) cancer
7) abnormal iron metabolism
8) other autoimmune disorders

You can even get hepatitis A, worms, and other pathogens from eating raw fish.

That is as maybe, but it is not a common thing. Fish sold in supermarkets generally won't have worms, and tends to be pretty safe. This is not a statistic, however of how many people die from eating raw fish per year. Find me one, give me the link, and I will be satisfied.
Reply 29
devilsthorn
Yep. I ate a raw beef once and ended up in hospital. The doctor said if I received treatment a little later I'd be dead.

Was it green and fluffy?
Meep!
Was it green and fluffy?

No mould on the beef. And I didn't drop it on a dirty floor or place it on a plate full of mould, etc. :rolleyes:
Reply 31
devilsthorn
No mould on the beef. And I didn't drop it on a dirty floor or place it on a plate full of mould, etc. :rolleyes:

In that case it really wouldn't have killed you, so I'm inclined to think you're bull****ing. Beef is a meat which can be eaten as bloody as you like.
Reply 32
I call *******...
Reply 33
No.
Reply 34
You can eat beef raw you jackass. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending