The Student Room Group

Need help on this law essay...Please advise!

Hi...i need help with these questions pretty urgently. Will any kind souls be willing to help? Thanks!
In 1995, Henry and Wanda, who are husband and wife, purchased a house to be their matrimonial home.
The house was conveyed to them as "joint tenants in fee simple"
Advise Wanda and the Upexe Building Society, as appropriate, in each of the 3 alternative scenarios below.
a. Last year Wanda deserted Henry and later wrote to him saying"I will want my share if u decide to sell the house' Henry did not reply but continued to live in the house with the two children of the marriage.
Recently, Wanda issued a summons for an order of sale under S.14 of TOLATA 1996. On receiving the summons, Henry suffered a heart attack and died. His two children were the sole beneficiaries under his will.
Advise Wanda.
b. Henry has deserted Wanda, leaving her and their 2 children in possession of the house.
He has now been declared bankrupt and his trustee in bankruptcy has issued a summons for an order of sale under S.14 of TOLATA.
Advise Wanda.
Would your answer differ if Henry is not bankrupt, but is seeking a sale of the house under S.14 of TOLATA?
c. The house was purchased in 1995 in Henry's name alone, but Wanda made a substantial contribution to the purchase price.
In 1997 Henry mortgaged the house, without consulting Wanda, to the Upexe Building Society.
Henry has failed to repay the mortgage instalments for over a year, and the Building Society is considering an action for possession in order to sell the house.
Alternatively, Upexe could pursue Henry on his personal covenant to repay the mortgage, which if successful, would make Henry bankrupt.
Advise the Upexe Building Society.

Latest

Trending

Trending