The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Biggles II
I havn't received my welcome pack yet.....

and I hope you won't
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Igor
and I hope you won't

The postal service around my area is rather poor - our postman, a dyslexic coon I believe, really isn’t up to scratch.
Ministry of sound... :s-smilie: not really my sort of thing!

Do you anything else about what our Fresher's Week holds?
Reply 43
feedtheflamingo
Ministry of sound... :s-smilie: not really my sort of thing!

Do you anything else about what our Fresher's Week holds?

Me either, but hopefully they'll be something-maybe a gig in the SU or something? Or just a drinking fest in the pub. I don't know, i don't think LSE is famed for its social life-but they don't need to be, they are in Central London.
I hope there is a society for right-wing nutcases.
Reply 45
any1 received their welcome pack yet? Does it tell you wats happenin durin freshers week?

Jay
Reply 46
was thinking of joining a team or do some sport, thinking at the moment, either tennis, basketball or maybe football, definitely joing a gym. don't know much about freshers week and haven't received the welcome pack yet, altho I'm sure we'll manage to think of something and being in London helps. Crush on a Friday night though is supposed to be good I've heard.
SJGoodwill
Pull your head out of your arse mate!! :smile:

Such eloquence....
hmm
hey hey at last ...normal people going to LSE......i had not plan to work for at least the first term (not too much neway) and for a minute there i thought being surrounded by geeks would brainwash me but now i know there are some decent ppl going there in oct.....phew!

Oh, I remember you: you were the clown who showed off his total ignorance of London on a thread about London Bridge and Bankside...I hope you're not planning to study a minor in geography at any point soon..whenever I hear that people like you, who make rermarks like the above, are coming to LSE, it confirms two things:

1/grade inflation at A Level is rampant;

2/LSE should start interviewing all applicants.
SJGoodwill
Oh and just because my name has Goodwill in it [actually it's my surname] doesn't mean that everything I post and say has to reflect that word. :biggrin:

I don't think there's any danger of that....are you sure you're not Hamal/Kingslaw in disguise?
Reply 50
ceebee_jeebees
I used to do Tae Kwon Do for 5 years before i went to boarding school and one of my life time ambitions is to become a black belt albeit that won't happen in the next decade, even though i got to 3 belts below black belt. I am doing Government and Economics and in Rosebery for accomodation. You?

I'll be at Rosebery too.
I'm thinking seriously of Capoeira lessons.Does anyone know if someone teaches the Brazilian art at ULU?I think I read somewhere that there are Capoeira lessons twice a week at king's college or something like that. If it's true, can we participate as LSE students?
Reply 51
YannisT
I'll be at Rosebery too.
I'm thinking seriously of Capoeira lessons.Does anyone know if someone teaches the Brazilian art at ULU?I think I read somewhere that there are Capoeira lessons twice a week at king's college or something like that. If it's true, can we participate as LSE students?

could you enlighten the ignorat myself, and tell me what exactly Capoeira is?
Reply 52
Igor
could you enlighten the ignorat myself, and tell me what exactly Capoeira is?

of course :smile: Capoeira is a brasilian martial art.Is a combination of brazilian - afro american dances with acrobatic kicks and punches and martial art tricks!
It's incredible!If you put "capoeira" at google you'll definately find some videos for downloading !!
Reply 53
YannisT
of course :smile: Capoeira is a brasilian martial art.Is a combination of brazilian - afro american dances with acrobatic kicks and punches and martial art tricks!
It's incredible!If you put "capoeira" at google you'll definately find some videos for downloading !!

uh yeah, I think I've seen that before but I just didnt know the name... great, thanks, maybe I will download something just for a quick look :wink:
Reply 54
YannisT
I'll be at Rosebery too.

i dunno, but let me know if you can. i planned to continue my martial arts through taekwondo, but after seeing it in the olympics it doesnt seem as suitable for me as id hoped. and capoeira is super cool :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending