The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

ceebee_jeebees
Is anyone planning to join any teams or a more suitable question would be, are they actually any teams? As Lse is more academically renowned is sport not taken that seriously? Also are there inter-uni competitions?

I was thinking of joining the squash team is anyone else planning on getting involved in any other sports?

Charlotte

Sport at the LSE? : shudders :
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
ceebee_jeebees
Is anyone planning to join any teams or a more suitable question would be, are they actually any teams? As Lse is more academically renowned is sport not taken that seriously? Also are there inter-uni competitions?

I was thinking of joining the squash team is anyone else planning on getting involved in any other sports?

Charlotte

hiya, yeh i hope so, i do freestyle kickboxing so ill be hopin to do somethin similar very seriously (probably tae kwon do), and also football id i take quite seriously. if not i guess the Universty of London may have some possibilities.

wat course u doin and accom u stayin in?
Reply 3
ceebee_jeebees

Charlotte

Just because a uni is academically renown, doesn't mean it is not sporty!!! Have you been to Oxbridge.

I assume sports like rowing, tennis, rugby and other general pursuits of the middle-classes will be taken seriously at LSE - much like at every other top tier uni in the country.

The only problem I imagine LSE (and for that matter, UCL and Kings) suffer from is the lack of space for some sports slap-bang in the middle of London.
Reply 4
their sports facilities are about 30 mins away not sure exactly where.. I'm planning to join the football team and also need to find a gym nearby :rolleyes:
Reply 5
jay9386
their sports facilities are about 30 mins away not sure exactly where.. I'm planning to join the football team and also need to find a gym nearby :rolleyes:

you can use the UoL facilities (including gym, swimming pool etc), located at ULU
Reply 6
LSE Students are biologically incompatible with sports. They have very short legs and arms, and a big head (honestly, when I say big I am saying really big!!!), in order to write all the essays and read the bibliography of the courses.
Reply 7
Seneca
LSE Students are biologically incompatible with sports. They have very short legs and arms, and a big head (honestly, when I say big I am saying really big!!!), in order to write all the essays and read the bibliography of the courses.

Sounds similar to Caltech athletics (Caltech in an athletic league of their own and I don't mean that in a good way)....but they make up for it by being insanely smart and really nice people (I work with two CalTech alums). :wink:
Reply 8
Leeroy
hiya, yeh i hope so, i do freestyle kickboxing so ill be hopin to do somethin similar very seriously (probably tae kwon do), and also football id i take quite seriously. if not i guess the Universty of London may have some possibilities.

wat course u doin and accom u stayin in?

I used to do Tae Kwon Do for 5 years before i went to boarding school and one of my life time ambitions is to become a black belt albeit that won't happen in the next decade, even though i got to 3 belts below black belt. I am doing Government and Economics and in Rosebery for accomodation. You?
Reply 9
I'm thinking of joining the netball team, I've played since I was 10 but am still not brilliant. I'm sure there is a team for mediocre players :smile: I might not even be that these days, I haven't done any training or any exercise (except for shopping) all summer!
Charlotte!

You've stopped me worrying about LSE. Just chosen it over Nottingham, and this message board thing was beginning to make me regret it, but good to see there's humans at LSE. In Rosebery, doing A&F this year, just off a Gap Year. Yep, i'll be getting in on the sport.

Rich
ceebee_jeebees

Charlotte

It's not exactly UCL, is it?
Just looking at your message again….i’d probably have a guess at you doing your kickboxing at Stratford leisure centre, and you probs went to school at either Uppingham, KES, or Kings High, and when you go out in the evenings you probs end up in somewhere like Bureau….no im not a stalker, just very similar to you. Live between strat and Banbury, gf lives in long marston, so spend a fair bit of time there, went to Warwick, and work just up from the long bridge roundabout. Drop me a email if you want. [email protected] yep, sorry to say it, but I was born in the UAE, probs close to where you go on hols.
Actually, in all seriousness I would like to join a gym (my past and current lover has noted that my Roman-god-like body has a lot of potential). Does the LSE have one?

I can also play badminton and tennis, albeit badly.

And does beating up UCL kids count as a sport too?
mobbdeeprob
It's not exactly UCL, is it?

I've heard someone else say something like that before with reference to the LSE.
Reply 15
The Test
Charlotte!

You've stopped me worrying about LSE. Just chosen it over Nottingham, and this message board thing was beginning to make me regret it, but good to see there's humans at LSE. In Rosebery, doing A&F this year, just off a Gap Year. Yep, i'll be getting in on the sport.

Rich

Rich and Charlotte!

I am really glad there seems to be at least 2 normal students who wanna do sports and have a social life coming to LSE with me this year. I was regretting going there as well rich, but hopefully they'll be some more of us in october,

Tom
Biggles
I've heard someone else say something like that before with reference to the LSE.

I wouldn't, for the life of me, know who that was. :confused:
mobbdeeprob
I wouldn't, for the life of me, know who that was. :confused:

Clearly he must be a remarkable guy...whoever he is...
gilhamt
Rich and Charlotte!

I am really glad there seems to be at least 2 normal students who wanna do sports and have a social life coming to LSE with me this year. I was regretting going there as well rich, but hopefully they'll be some more of us in october,

Tom

Excellent, tell me more about yourself! I was secretly worried as well. People just seem obsessed by work and where they stand politically (either a complete lefty or the other extreme; an authoritarian). University is about having fun as well as furthering your chances career wise. I want to maintain that status quo. It seems all other students from all other uni’s believe that apart from LSE. I also put Nottingham as my 2nd choice. But if no one does much sport then that only means I have a better chance of getting on a team, if they exist that is!
Biggles
Clearly he must be a remarkable guy...whoever he is...

He needs to vary his sentence construction though. :smile:

Lest LSE should ever fall from grace.
:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending