The Student Room Group

Cough yourself a six pack?

For the last two weeks, I've had an acute and persistent cough. As a result, I've been putting a lot of effort and energy into clearing my airways. In the past few days, I've felt a strange burn around my abdomen, a '300 sit-ups a day' type of burn. Upon closer inspection (in a mirror), I noticed that my ABs have become a lot more muscular and toned. It's a remarkable achievement, because I didn't have a six pack beforehand.

After experiencing such brilliant results, I've decided that I'm going maintain this exercise plan. Its easy. I can do it on my chair while I watch TV. I can do it in my bed. I've even done it in a car while I'm driving. The only drawback is that I occasionally experience abdominal cramps as a result of excessive coughing.

Has anyone ever experienced this?
Yes i have but the results were ok. I got more muscle but ive had to work at them. Im nearly there but its difficult
Reply 2
TKnightrider
Yes i have but the results were ok. I got more muscle but ive had to work at them. Im nearly there but its difficult

I suggest that you start smoking. It really induces a lot of coughing.
You're going to cough all day to get some abs? :mute: That won't do your throat much good....

And no-one who wants decent abs should need to do 300 sit ups a day.

Do weighted ab exercises for more time effective results, or at least some varied cruches.
Reply 4
do you konw that coughing scares your throat? just do situps and crunches like yoru supposed to.
Hahahaha
Reply 6
I doubt you'd notice much after two weeks in any case
Reply 7
This falls under Category 8. Seriously, you're going to do yourself some real ****ing damage if you go through with this.
Reply 8
Apagg
I doubt you'd notice much after two weeks in any case

idiot
This falls under Category 8. Seriously, you're going to do yourself some real ****ing damage if you go through with this.

Haters.
Reply 9
Laughing is a less painful way.

:smile:
Sos, but this thread: LOL!!!:biggrin:

I don't thinking for hours on end will do you any good though. Haha, just imagkne people asking what you're doing: "I'm.... well.... coughing to get abs" LOL! :biggrin:
i envy mr smooth, last time i had a coughing session i gained 3 stone... i mean wtf
Reply 12
I hit a personal best today. Coughed for an hour straight.

Latest