The Student Room Group

UCL task ideas

as mentioned in the other one, a thread dedicated to only ideas for the UCL task. do contribute. :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
erm ... so ... ideas .. hum ...
Reply 2
a limousine, with sexy women in it, powered by sexy women juice
Reply 3
...try to drawthat free hand ...so what medium to use *thinks*
is it just UCL asking people to do tasks or do many of the other universities?
Reply 5
i think Ox brooks do that too .. not sure about others
I'm pretty sure Brookes just ask for a portfolio.
Reply 7
well .. then just ignore my post, i didn't apply there .... sorry :colondollar:
Reply 8
Its portfolio and Interview for brookes. Got my letter last week :smile::
Reply 9
nice ... we needs some kind of preparation for the portfolio too...
Reply 10
I have gathered a few of the ideas many that have cropped up. (mostly secret_F and mine)

the hectiness you mentioned relates very closly to Steve McQueen's drumroll video showing the urban space being hectic etc.

My idea came when I went to costco and felt the dryness of the dull industrised lights beaming down. I thought that would be quite a good study space. black and white photo with the harsh lights being the focus.

I have also thought that mobiles (planets that hang down from the ceiling for little children) shows constantly changing space.

corn exchange is a building in Leeds

do contribute and help each other!
Reply 11
erm ... space can be any thing .. to space can be defined by any thing, a dot defines space around it, when dot moces, it makes a line, a line defines a set of space, in 2D plane .. how do we know road is road? .. because the space has been defined by the yellow lines, and by the guilded lines .. the pavement .. it has it's dimension, different level to the road, this is also defined road to be a clearer model to us, imaging if there is nothing, can you define road? .. just an idea .. it can be a space ... defined into a road. .. .. could be interestesting ...
Reply 12
posted my first unfinished drawing on the other post
Reply 13
phone up and ask about it ....
Reply 14
yea ... u seen the capital gallary that i have drawn .. it's posted in the other UCL post ...
Aristoteles
This is quite odd. I just received my task, which was the same as last years task:

Has anyone else received this task?

they sent me this email, then sent me another saying the last wrong was wrong and sent this years task.

waaaa, i dont know what to do! i was thinking for one of my pieces i would do something in the syle of escher
do you recon we could do a textiles piece?
Reply 17
i think so .. it's space .. you can do pretty much every thing .. if you can fit them in an A4 envelop
and i like escher ... did him as part of GCSE work ..
and thanks Aristoteles .. i'd like to see yours when you have them :smile:
Reply 18
another idea.
a drama space, plenty to talk about there.
Reply 19
donno much about drama space .. erm .. i got an idea ...
....ermm... let me think..
oh it's here ..
space .. concentration on one particular isn;t always going to help ..
i've been listening to wind ..
got this by ..
still don't know how to integrate this yet .. but .. sound performs in space, and smell amd sense.. touch .. tast .. and of course imagination .. but how to represent it using graphical method .. absolutely no idea at the moment but i like the idea ... thought going to shearing them with you lot .. but it's copy righted :P ..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending