The Student Room Group

UCL task ideas

Scroll to see replies

yes, try atlantis art materials. its big! the website is www.atlantisart.co.uk and you can find the address there, etc...
Reply 41
e..
yes, try atlantis art materials. its big! the website is www.atlantisart.co.uk and you can find the address there, etc...

Thanks, haha that looks massive.
Reply 42
hum .... abit far away from me ... hehe
Aristoteles
I'm going to try my luck in London this weekend, so does anyone know any big art stores there that I can find portfolio accessories/wallets etc. at? Cheers.

I'd head to London Graphics - and don't forget to claim your student discount either!

http://www.londongraphics.co.uk/
Reply 44
Thanks, I'll just be in central London, so ideally an art store in that region would be good. Since Atlantis is in East London, I don’t think I'll have time to travel there with all the other things I need to do.

I wish Tindalls/Heffers opened up in London :tongue: as right now it's only in the East Anglia region and I have so many Platinum cards/vouchers from them since I'm their most regular customer lol. I haven't got a student card, but have been meaning to get one (would save a lot).

I just noticed London Graphics have got a store in Covent Garden, which is good since I'll be there anyway. Cheers mate.
Reply 45
anyone asking about the UCL ideas thread. here it is! Stop asking about the task in other threads and use this one please. Thanks! :smile:
Reply 46
i want the offer now >.<
Reply 47
Cass Arts Flagship store in Islington by Angel is good. Its not as big as Atlantis but still cheap with a lot of stuff reduced. Im not sure how cheap wallets etc will be though.
got my task yesterday. yikes.
its a great task tho.
the freehand stuff is gonna take ages!
i'm quite worried that there wont be any places left by the time i hand my task in.
Reply 49
^is it the same as all the rest? something about space? i wonder which route you're gonna take...:wink: straight forward or philosophical..hmm!
J2890
^is it the same as all the rest? something about space? i wonder which route you're gonna take...:wink: straight forward or philosophical..hmm!

whats the wink for?
what route?
sorry am i being really slow
Reply 51
nope, i just made it sound complicated...sorry, i was just wondering whether you're going to base your task assignment on actualy places (ie: drawing a parking lot for example), or whether you're going to do something abstract and philosophical. though i'd wait untill the task is sent and the offer recieved. good luck anyway.
Reply 52
hehe, the process of thinking all over again .. post your ideas up :biggrin:
Reply 53
it just occurred to me that, after possibly spending months of hardcore portfolio making to finally produce a masterpiece of a portfolio, there's in fact a chance that you'll mess up the task and NOT get asked to the interview! lol. that would be funny.
J2890
nope, i just made it sound complicated...sorry, i was just wondering whether you're going to base your task assignment on actualy places (ie: drawing a parking lot for example), or whether you're going to do something abstract and philosophical. though i'd wait untill the task is sent and the offer recieved. good luck anyway.

ok so after 1 week of sketching and a idea harvesting (asking for trouble by not actually comopleting anything) i have come up with a bunch of ideas, the 6 most stimulating of which contain 4 non-literal spaces.
do you think this is a bit wanky/ smartarsey?
did the people who got offers have more down to earth spaces but illustrated them really well?
Reply 55
I don't think it's what spaces (whether it exists in reality or not) that matters, it's how you illustrate and express them (through your response) as a sequence of ideas.
Aristoteles
I don't think it's what spaces (whether it exists in reality or not) that matters, it's how you illustrate and express them (through your response) as a sequence of ideas.

a sequence as in the 6 places should be linked?
i'm thinking of doing mine in 2 pairs of themes and 2 random things.
is this too messy a response do you think??
no they don't need to be linked at all. all 6 of mine were completely different, not related.
Reply 58
Sorry, I meant a sequence of ideas generated, not a sequence as in related ideas. And agree with e..
Reply 59
Sucker for punishment
ok so after 1 week of sketching and a idea harvesting (asking for trouble by not actually comopleting anything) i have come up with a bunch of ideas, the 6 most stimulating of which contain 4 non-literal spaces.
do you think this is a bit wanky/ smartarsey?
did the people who got offers have more down to earth spaces but illustrated them really well?

just to give u some idea... Mine were
1) inside of a museum (pitt rivers in Oxford)
2) wrought iron beams of a roof compared with a ribcage
3) floating house with the reflection being an imaginary space
4) stone stairs (photo montage) with light making them look ligher than what they seem
5) corridor being a 'negative' space with a fire escape filling it up.
6) a theater with a clay model close to the camera looking as if it was on the stage and the actual model in the background in the audience seats, showng the perspective of the space.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending