The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I highly highly doubt it.

Why would it be possible? They're totally different institutuions with completely different admissions processes.
You can transfer at the end of the first year.

But it's only a possibility and depends on both your current university and the one you'd like to go to.
QM can't be that bad can it? wanting to transfer to somewhere cooler like UCL ? :p:
actually a lot of schools within the UoL do allow it, but its kind of pointless unless you have the grades.
Simple answer, contact the admissions tutor where you want to go to, see what they say, might be yes, might be no, might be you have to get certain grades in your first year. No harm asking.
Why do you say that?
Twinkle06
yeah i feel like i should have chosen ucl instead of kcl, kcl is a joke at the moment.. a real disappointment!

KCL has improved massively in the last few years and spent many millions on the facilities and campuses.

KCL also has the best nightlife in the UoL... :tongue:
Reply 8
Agh! This has made me confused again. I'm on a gap year, rejected UCL for KCL, and have been having doubts ever since. That wasn't a mistake was it? What's so bad about KCL?
Reply 9
funny coz KCL was one of the unis i was thinking about transferring to, along with UCL. could anyone tell me about the pros/cons of life at those unis? e.g. twinkle06/kat_f why do u find kcl a joke/disappointment?
UCL's great; your feeling about it will tend to depend on the department you're in. It's also very big, and shares the downsides of hugeness, another reason your dept is so important.
Reply 11
nmanik90
funny coz KCL was one of the unis i was thinking about transferring to, along with UCL. could anyone tell me about the pros/cons of life at those unis? e.g. twinkle06/kat_f why do u find kcl a joke/disappointment?

apply to both, but I very seriously doubt an offer to move.
Reply 12
kat_f
Agh! This has made me confused again. I'm on a gap year, rejected UCL for KCL, and have been having doubts ever since. That wasn't a mistake was it? What's so bad about KCL?

UCL is better.
Better calibre of student, better lecturers, better facilities, better career options afterwards. Perhaps you should reapply to UCL.
Reply 13
Crazster
apply to both, but I very seriously doubt an offer to move.

ive contacted both and they've both said they'll offer me a transfer place (UCL want me to start again from Year1 though, unless I can boost my A-level Chemistry grade from a C to a B by resitting a couple of units in Jan)
Reply 14
nmanik90
ive contacted both and they've both said they'll offer me a transfer place (UCL want me to start again from Year1 though, unless I can boost my A-level Chemistry grade from a C to a B by resitting a couple of units in Jan)

grats, but moving to year 1 isn't a transfer place. I thought ucl was AAA - BBB. Which course are you doing at QM and want to transfer away from? And more importantly why go to QM when youc ould of gone to UCL in the first place??!?
Reply 15
Crazster
grats, but moving to year 1 isn't a transfer place. I thought ucl was AAA - BBB. Which course are you doing at QM and want to transfer away from? And more importantly why go to QM when youc ould of gone to UCL in the first place??!?

am doing aerospace engineering at qm but have realised that i would prefer to do mechanical engineering. i did not apply to UCL in the first place as i was predicted mediocre grades (hence i didnt think i would get an offer from them), but i exceeded them by achieving ABBC in the end. although qm does offer mech engineering also, with all due respect to them, i think i can go to a better university for the same course, with the grades i achieved.
If you want to transfer and your a 1st year do you have to tell the uni you want to transfer to in advance or after you get your 1st year results?
BTW the uni of chjoice is Kings
Reply 17
ashely_no_oujisama
the uni of chjoice is Kings

The only thing that KCL is better for is War Studies.:rolleyes:
For virtually everything else, UCL is far better.

Latest

Trending

Trending