The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
i understnad. And I have no idea :smile:
:laugh:

There's a much more comprehensive site available, which I actually fail to remember right now - but that is where I looked to get all the UNOs that I listed, hence how I was able to define whether or not they were related directly to the UN or not :smile:
Reply 62
wackysparkle
This is the problem I foresee, hence why I disagree with dual representation.
What defines an 'important' country - where full attention is needed all the time? and what defines an 'important' UNO?
This would definitely have to be discussed further if the poll careens towards the idea of dual representation.

That's never seemed to be a problem. For instance we currently see the SC nations and countries where 'stuff' is going on as 'important' without having to define it. In the same way, we can term important UNOs as the ones which come up in the news often enough for them to be of frequent importance to the TSR MUN.
True,
I actually realised this after I had posted! - I forgot that I'd posted up a list sometime back, do you remember it? - well I had highlighted all the important UNOs in red :smile:, I guess that would be my suggestion to which I'm open to critique.
Reply 64
I think different levels of importance is a step too complicated just now. For now lets just make some broad guidelines for UNOs. Later on people can be nudged or encouraged to choose more useful UNOs. For instance only list the important ones where they can see it, and only mention the unimportant ones once the significant ones are filled up?
yes, that would be an idea, if you want I can alter the list I made?
Reply 66
wackysparkle
yes, that would be an idea, if you want I can alter the list I made?

After we charter it. Once its in the charter, we can also put a list of available UNOs into the 'unrepresented countries' list, and give than an edit.
okie dokie.
Reply 68
The poll is going up now. It will be up for a few days. The poll is there to approve or disapprove the addition of the clause I wrote (see page just before this) regarding UNO representation to be added to the charter. It is also to decide whether dual representation should be allowed in the MUN under exceptional cirumstances. These are just the basic decisions we can make a start with, and we can amend or add to it later if we feel the need to make things more specific.

The poll is multiple choice.
Reply 69
voted :smile:
Reply 70
I voted what I think is best for the MUN overall.
Reply 71
The new clause will be drafted into the charter. It looks like dual representation won't be happening in the MUN. We hope that Lieschtenstein is able to come to terms with its disappointment.

The WHO is thrilled at the outcome of the poll and appreciates that the UNOs are finally becoming integrated with the present MUN.

OOC

If the UNOs were not objective I believe they would offer sympathy for Lieschtenstein.
Reply 74
If Liechtenstein had a heart he would accept the UNO's sympathy :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending