The Student Room Group
Reply 1

anyone ??
The main OCR MEI textbook is your best bet and i found the Letts revision guide quite helpful but tbh there isnt anything specific for the course.
MEI? Yeah it is if he's doing the OCR (MEI) specification but if he's doing AQA A and it looks like he is because he's doing S1 then I do recommend the official 'OCR Core 1 & 2' textbook which is found in Waterstones. I'm using it right now. I haven't got a clue about S1 right now, sorry. :frown:
!MEna
MEI? Yeah it is if he's doing the OCR (MEI) specification but if he's doing AQA A and it looks like he is because he's doing S1 then I do recommend the official 'OCR Core 1 & 2' textbook which is found in Waterstones. I'm using it right now. I haven't got a clue about S1 right now, sorry. :frown:

:confused: What happened to OCR?

We are using an old P1&2 book from Cambridge, which is very good. I also have Core 1 for OCR, which isn't really that great.
Haven't started S1 yet so can't help on that front, but I have found my textbook to be the most helpful.
Hehe - sorry, OCR A not AQA A.

Hmmm...if you're not happy about the OCR offical books I've been told there's a AS Collins textbook that has everything specification's syllabus in the contents and is very good with their listed examples.
Reply 6
!MEna

Huh? :confused: I did S1 on the MEI spec... and S2 and S3. Every Maths A-level syllabus has statistics modules, so it doesn't really show much.
Oh well there you go then lol!

I was told by one of my teachers that OCR MEI Maths had completely different module names compared to normal OCR Maths but I'll take your word for it since you've actually done it.
Reply 8
They have weird names for the core modules and the further pure modules (like FP2 is 'Further Methods for Advanced Mathematics and C4 is 'Applications of Advanced Mathematics'), but the abbreviations like C1, S3, D1, M4 etc. are the same as in other boards.

Latest