The Student Room Group

A written work question - advice appreciated!

I applied to Oxford for History. I've just been looking back over my personal statement and realising, in hindsight, that I talked noticably more about the Tudor part of my A2 syllabus, (am on a gap year now, so it's all over) than about the Nazi part, and especially the Britain in the 30s part. I did mention Nazi history too, and British in the 30s more briefly but I mentioned Tudor history more, especially in passing references to illustrate points I was making in my statement.

All of my 20th century essays are either source paper essays, or written in a very structured state-the-obvious way which my teacher preferred - and whilst I have several A grade essays in that topic, they're all low As, with some criticism about grammar or the analysis scrawled on the back.

My Tudor essays on the other hand, tend to be high As, with lovely comments in the margins. It seems a silly thing to worry about, but if I do send a Tudor essay in, is it possible that I'll be thought of as a one trick pony (as my History teacher suggested...) ?

Should I just send in a (still highly graded) source paper on the Nazis, or one of my not so good 20th century British history papers, just for the sake of variety? I'm confident that with a bit of preparation, I can talk about any period well, so it comes down to other things...
Reply 1
Who cares what your PS says? Send your best bit of written work that you can talk about.