The Student Room Group
You don't say which discipline you are interested in which may make some difference. However, as a general point, those are very competitive universities to apply to with those grades.

The general offer at Bath for mechanical engineering will be AAA, despite what it says on the website. And I strongly suspect that none of those you mention will accept a prediction of C in Physics (especially backed up by an AS D grade) as being adequate. This is going to be your biggest problem, I suspect.

Perhaps you should include some universities that may be more forgiving in terms of grades. Or you could set your sights lower and go for a BEng.
Reply 2
A friend of mine got in for Aero with a C in Physics. I woudl recommend that unless your circumstances are extraordinary, that you apply for BEngs instead, transferring to the MEng if and when you take to the subject :smile:
Applying for BEng just means that you have to prove to be good enough on the second year right ?

I was thinking of applying to BEng course however Bath doesn't offer BEng and Nottingham and Southampton have the same requirements for BEng and MEng. UCL BEng course requires BBB, KCL Meng course is BBB aswell. So hopeful i will stand a chance for those two. I can achieve more than my predicted grades, which now changed to AAB. B in physics.

We will see what happens.
Reply 4
Just so :smile:

You may find that some universities will offer you a place on the BEng if you don't meet the grades for the MEng. You're just going to have to sit tight and prepare for interviews, because you are bound to have some.
So how much a of chance do I stand for the UCL and KCL courses?

Should i make some adjustments to the courses am applying to ??
Reply 6
With predicted grades of AAB you'll stand a chance, but your PS hhad better be good, and you'd better come across well at interview.

You should be fine with UCL and KCL, and you'll stand a chance with Nottingham, but I wouldn't hold your breath too tight on the others. Having said that, I wouldn't give up all hope :smile:

Good luck, and keep us updated.
Thats the same feeling I was having. UCL KCL and Notts, might give me a chance. However seeing that Bath and Southampton are quite popular with AAAs student incl FM I dnt hold that much hope. I will just apply with my head high. UCL is enough for me, if not theres the option of working for AAA and doing an engineering placement year , then applying for top ones.

I will keep you updated.
Well , its updating time.

Before applying to my desired unis, i was adviced to review them and apply where am more likely to get into.

I settled for London unis, Brunel, QM , KCL , UCL and Nottingham. I have all five offers now. BB, 280 with C in maths, ABB, ABBb and ABB respectively.

My heart is set on Nottingham but UCL overall reputation is tempting. any advice?
Reply 9
Congrats!

I would decide based on the location, and if you want to work as an engineer or not after graduating.

Latest