The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Sidneyites

Priya suggests we get our own forum. For now, a new thread will do.

Nicky and I would like to wholeheartedly welcome and congratulate anyone a) coming up to Sidney in October, or b) thinking about applying to Sidney in October. You have picked a lovely college!

In return, please make yourselves known... :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well according to CamSIS ( http://willaborp.ath.cx/students/ ) there isnt anyone going there this year......or maybe some people need to sign up (including yourself)....it makes life easy for seeing who's who!
Reply 2
Would like to second Vicki in the Sidney welcome :smile:

Willa, you should advertise your site better! :tongue: :wink:
Reply 3
Ok, ok, have signed up now. And what is this craze I've started with the "Sidney Sainsbury's"?!
Reply 4
Well I thought it summed up sidney sussex excellently. I might be being a bit stereotypical, but the one person I know personally who applied to sidney this year (he didnt get in), all he ever went on about was how he was opposite sainsbury's.

And is this good enough advertising for ya:

http://willaborp.ath.cx/students/
Reply 5
Ticki
Ok, ok, have signed up now. And what is this craze I've started with the "Sidney Sainsbury's"?!

But you are really close :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah, Willa, that'll probably do :wink:

Sainsbury's is a GOOD thing!
Reply 7
So does being close to Sainsbury's finally surpass our reputation for being crap at sports?

1st in Canoeing cuppers,
1st in Pool cuppers,
2nd in Swimming cuppers.

Is Sidney on the up in the sports stakes?

Alas, Nicky and I will be near Sainsbury's no more... And anyway, we've got a reputation for being friendly and having the worst hall food in Cambridge too, don't we?
Reply 8
Isn't the worst Hall food Caius?

And we're clearly going to win Swimming Cuppers outright next year, what with us on the team... :wink:
Reply 9
Sidney as a nice Ball :smile:
Reply 10
there doesnt seem to be any mention of gardies in my freshers guide....does it go by a diff name? what street is it on?
Reply 11
Willla2
there doesnt seem to be any mention of gardies in my freshers guide....does it go by a diff name? what street is it on?

* cries *
The Gardenia is its proper name - it's the kebab shop on Rose Crescent (near McDonalds)
Reply 13
shiny
Sidney as a nice Ball :smile:

Best of the small balls. And we had a camel this year! Could everyone who reads this post please make my day by going into the Maypole and asking for a Pink Camel? It's a yummy cocktail created just for our ball! Yayness!

Nicky - as ladies captain, I'm glad to see your competitive spirit shining through. 5am practice sessions it is. :wink:
Reply 14
woohoo a thread dedicated purely to sidney! :biggrin:

will i have added myself to the info service....sidney now has one offcial fresher :tongue:

i'm goin shopping for room decoration next week :biggrin: lots of lovely sunset/orangey/reddy coloured cushions, throws, table lamps, storage boxes etc (au naturale rule)
All right, if you're up at 5am... :tongue:
Reply 16
Ticki
Best of the small balls. And we had a camel this year! Could everyone who reads this post please make my day by going into the Maypole and asking for a Pink Camel? It's a yummy cocktail created just for our ball! Yayness!

Nicky - as ladies captain, I'm glad to see your competitive spirit shining through. 5am practice sessions it is. :wink:

can freshers get onto the ball commitee? or be involved in ball preparations somehow?
Reply 17
They can indeed - Alex, John and Mark were on this year's committee. If you don't make that but still want to help out a bit nearer the time, the Decor sub-committee needs all the helpers it can get. Unfortunately Sidney can only afford to have a ball every other year, so we won't be having another until 2006, when you'll be a big bad second year. The committee, however, will be selected this year - the balls take ages to prepare for! And I think there's a possibility that we might do an 'event' this year...?
Reply 18
MadNatSci
Isn't the worst Hall food Caius?

Apparently so....at least it was a few years ago....so it does have that reputation...but i've heard it's getting better..and when i went up for interview it was ok. Not brilliant...but not bad either. Then again....it was fish fingers i think :tongue:

G
Reply 19
I dread to think what part of the fish we're served...

I believe Sidney's food was voted worst sometime recently. I'd definitely have voted for it if I'd known...

Latest

Trending

Trending