The Student Room Group
I doubt it as art is really hard work load. Definatley carry on, that AS score shows you have ability, and from experience chem A2 is only slightly harder than AS, even if you dont get it first. So you should get a B at least overall. You only need a low C at A2 for a B overall.
Reply 2
Go on, and trust me it'll become much easier as time progresses. I felt the same way in the first half of A2 chem, and now im about a week or 2 away from my exam, and I actually think it is slightly easier than AS. Just keep at it and out of no-where it'll click and you'll be alright :smile: hope all goes well, if you need help with a particular topic/question, pm me or something. Good luck
Many people have a tendency to say that they don't understand ANYTHING. This is just frustration caused by being overwhelmed by the global picture.

On closer examination they DO understand much more than they think.

Don't look at chemistry as if its a huge tentacled creature wih a hidden purpose, DO try to take it one small step at a time.

Identify the things that you really DO understand and tackle the parts that you don't understand one at a time, without progressing until each tiny aspect is identified and clearly understood.

It doesn't matter if you don't 'get it' at first. Once the smaller parts fall into place the purpose of the beast WILL be revealed.
Reply 4
Turdburger
I doubt it as art is really hard work load. Definatley carry on, that AS score shows you have ability, and from experience chem A2 is only slightly harder than AS, even if you dont get it first. So you should get a B at least overall. You only need a low C at A2 for a B overall.

Oh come on, with sufficent application the OP can do better then that. I suspect they've hit the stumbling block of Chains and Rings....
Reply 5
Don't suffer in silence, tell you tutor. Chemistry 4 is difficult as there's so much theory involved, one day you could be doing benzene chemistry, the next rate equations. Don't worry, you'll get it in the end.
Reply 6
if u were almost at an A grade in AS, your more than capable of getting an A in A2...

i got a C at AS! (3 marks of a B), but i ended up with an A! =D...so lots of hard work and a new teacher helped! do you still have the same teacher? maybe that's where your problem lies

ps i dropped art in a2 as i had to do a-levels in bio maths and chem and i wanted to concentrate on them...

Latest