The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Simba
Hehe, yeah, it's exciting! Plus with the SMC on Thursday and BMO1 on 30th November, it's going to be a busy month or two maths-wise!

Can't wait :biggrin: All should help the preparation aswell :smile:
Reply 21
calcium878
Can't wait :biggrin: All should help the preparation aswell :smile:

Hehehe, hopefully! I need to retrieve copies of the FP1-3 textbooks since I handed them back in in July. Just to brush up :smile: . Have you done BMO1/2 before?
Simba
Hehehe, hopefully! I need to retrieve copies of the FP1-3 textbooks since I handed them back in in July. Just to brush up :smile: . Have you done BMO1/2 before?

I did the BMO1 last year, scored 9 I think which isn't bad to say I went into it dry straight out of the SMC (was told to expect to not be able to do anything :p:). I think I'm fine with all the A-level maths, I really need to brush-up on geometry ;yes;
You'll get to the IMO :wink:
Reply 23
calcium878
I did the BMO1 last year, scored 9 I think which isn't bad to say I went into it dry straight out of the SMC (was told to expect to not be able to do anything :p:). I think I'm fine with all the A-level maths, I really need to brush-up on geometry ;yes;
You'll get to the IMO :wink:

Cool :smile: best of luck with it this year as well. Geometry. Oh dear :redface: :p: ... Though I do hope to make the IMO, it's unlikely :p: ! One step at a time :smile: ... Anyway, I'm off to bed now :wink: sleep well, I'll catch you up tomorrow :P .
Simba
Cool :smile: best of luck with it this year as well. Geometry. Oh dear :redface: :p: ... Though I do hope to make the IMO, it's unlikely :p: ! One step at a time :smile: ... Anyway, I'm off to bed now :wink: sleep well, I'll catch you up tomorrow :P .

Ditto, goodnight :smile:
Reply 25
Thanks for all the posts guys, everyone is so dang friendly here! Also, I'm applying to the lesser-reputable, St Catz!

So another question, since there is a month befre the interviews, any advice what I should revise?

I've done modules C1-4, M1 and S1 completey, but there not fresh in my mind, I get stuck on some problems but I don't have time to completely re-revise them all [I don't think so anyway :P].

Also, I'm working through FP1, FP3, M2 and S2.

Thanks once again! :cool:
Stardust R
So another question, since there is a month befre the interviews, any advice what I should revise?

Personally I'd concentrate on pure (but that is probably down to the fact that I like it most, and I'm better at it than applied); try to read up on the FP modules, and maybe something about analysis if you've got time. Also try to make sure you're confident with modular arithmetic and graph sketching, which I've heard are quite often coming up, and at least they're recurring on the STEP papers:tongue:
Reply 27
Lol looked at that emmanuel interview video
Sorry but the maths tutor/ the one with the wierd hair would of thrown me
I would probably of had to laugh. and the other guy kept saying thats completley right and good far too often
it would of done my head in.
Reply 28
2nd2god
the other guy kept saying thats completley right and good far too often

heh. wait until you get to a supervision and you just get shouted at and called stupid for an hour.
2nd2god
Lol looked at that emmanuel interview video
Sorry but the maths tutor/ the one with the wierd hair would of thrown me
I would probably of had to laugh. and the other guy kept saying thats completley right and good far too often

Just watched it.

Its an old video

she says 'P4' thats the old sylabus. And in the begining the crazy haired guy gets up to let 'lydia' in and then the other guy actually lets her in!

:O

I thought she was a bit stupid for a cambridge applicant. That much be a lie.

EDIT: Is it me or is the girl in the medicine interview ridiculously clever?

http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/interviews/additional/medicine.html
Reply 30
Graph sketching is supposed to come up lots it's true. I had to sketch two horrible looking graphs in my Eng interview, but they help you work through it so it's fine. All my interviewers were really nice like that.
Reply 31

Haha, I thought his hair was awesome :P but I don't have much sense of style. Yes, the medicine candidate seemed very good from the six minutes or so that I watched. Much better than the maths one seemed.
Reply 32
Ok, I posted this comment earlier but with not very many replies to it so here's my question:

Since there is a month before the interviews, any advice what I should revise?

I've done modules C1-4, M1 and S1 completey, but there not fresh in my mind, I get stuck on some problems but I don't have time to completely re-revise them all [I don't think so anyway :P].

Also, I'm working through FP1, FP3, M2 and S2.

I would concentrate more on the pure, try some of the hardest questions from the past paperws for core 3 and 4 and just make sure you're VERY well versed with everything from core 1-4.

Latest

Trending

Trending