The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
don't go to girton, come to cambridge! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 2
KHL
don't go to girton, come to cambridge! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Lol...btw- KHL..your presence is required on the Caius thread..please??

G
Reply 3
I resent this slander on my character. And I'm not setting up a Clare thread because it would just be me and fishpaste.
Reply 4
Helen-free Girtonian-only thread? This thread's doing well :wink:
Reply 5
Helenia
I resent this slander on my character. And I'm not setting up a Clare thread because it would just be me and fishpaste.

We'd still somehow fill 30 pages.
Reply 6
i will be there 2005, should be interesting
Reply 7
TK0
i will be there 2005, should be interesting

In Girton..? :smile:

What subject will you be doing?
Reply 8
Anybody from Girton had their Freshers pack yet?
Reply 9
Pollo Loco
Anybody from Girton had their Freshers pack yet?

I phoned up last week about it only to be told "the end on the month, as it said in your letter". Well, that time has pasted, but at least I know I'm not alone now! :smile:
Reply 10
Congratualtions on getting into Girton; it is certainly an excellant choice: friendly, unpretentious- a place where you can genuinely be yourself. Don't worry about the threads on whose College is better than whom, you will find this is very much "a first year thing" where people are trying to find their footing in the Cambridge hierarchy- admittedly by putting others down, after the first year this will undoubtedly cease. I am going into my third year at Girton and am proud of my College, if you have any problems, questions etc feel free to post them.

PDJM
Hey Pol, you do know my dad posted that question earlier in the thread while i was away?!? I'm very annoyed with him for presuming he could use my account. I don't know, you go away for 10 days or so and your parents think they can run the place.....
Reply 12
Pollo Loco
Hey Pol, you do know my dad posted that question earlier in the thread while i was away?!? I'm very annoyed with him for presuming he could use my account. I don't know, you go away for 10 days or so and your parents think they can run the place.....

Lol..evil parents :tongue:..coulda been worse though :tongue:

G
Reply 13
Pollo Loco

:eek:

:tongue:
Reply 14
BTW - I got mine today. Hardly impressed with it though... Either Girton's isn't as good as everyone else's or everyone else was hyping them up for no reason! :rolleyes:
PDJM
Congratualtions on getting into Girton; it is certainly an excellant choice: friendly, unpretentious- a place where you can genuinely be yourself. Don't worry about the threads on whose College is better than whom, you will find this is very much "a first year thing" where people are trying to find their footing in the Cambridge hierarchy- admittedly by putting others down, after the first year this will undoubtedly cease. I am going into my third year at Girton and am proud of my College, if you have any problems, questions etc feel free to post them.

PDJM

Very true. I think its an identity crisis thing
J
polthegael
BTW - I got mine today. Hardly impressed with it though... Either Girton's isn't as good as everyone else's or everyone else was hyping them up for no reason! :rolleyes:

I still don't have mine yet. Grr.
Reply 17
polthegael
In Girton..? :smile:

What subject will you be doing?

well id hopeso else id be in the wrong thread :wink:
shall be there for some engineering if i can remember any maths by that point. :smile:
Reply 18
Welcome to the fold, mon ami! :smile:
Indeed, we Girton people must stick together and not let our thread be hijacked this time. I'd be able to pick out a few more vets going to Girton but they are not UK-Lers. However i know there are another 6 vets well something like that. We need people for our thread about the BEST College Ever TM

Latest

Trending

Trending