Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whens the least busy time at the gym?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to join the gym soon in my local town, but dont want to go when its really busy. When is it likely to be quiet/ not many people there?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Best time is weekdays during the working day (i.e. 9-5) simply because most people are at work then. Weekends will generally be busy because everyone's off work, but the main busy period will be from 3pm-7pm usually, and also should be quite busy in the mornings say 7am-9am. So if you head down around 10am on a weekday should be good

Can't make any promises though, it will obviously differ slighly between gyms!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    From personal experience, before 7am, any time between 10-5 and the last hour or so before closing.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I guess when its closed. Depends whether its a public gym/uni gym. Genenrally evenings are busiest from my experience. Like above ^ early mornings and last hour type of thing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i find that the evenings are very busy - you have all the workers etc.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My gym isn't too bad - though on certain days its busier than others, never really bad as in loads of queues though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lunch time.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sunday afternoons/evenings are usually pretty quiet at the place I go to.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    During the day however this does vary frm gym to gym, mine is massive so invariably it's never 'busy' in the sense I have to queue to use weights for example.
    Sadly being back in full time work means I can't go spend three hours at the gym with the place to myself
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    for me its usually 9-10 and 1-3.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only time it seems to become busy in mine is from around 5-7ish on a weekday and saturday mid-afternoonish, you can always ask them when you join.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lammy)
    I'm hoping to join the gym soon in my local town, but dont want to go when its really busy. When is it likely to be quiet/ not many people there?
    Well the busiest times are 5pm onwards, from Monday to Thurs. Those are the time when people are off work. As for Friday most people go out on a Friday night, the gym I go to is pretty empty on Fridays. The best times are just during the day when people are at work. But then again it depends on the gym you are going to.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: November 11, 2007
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.