The Student Room Group

Interview at The School of Pharmacy - 08 entry

Barely finished my Manchester interview and have now got one for School of Pharmacy. Not that I am complaining :p:

Anyone know how it may differ from the Manchester interview? I note that they have put an emphasis on the "understanding of pharmacy and modern medical issues"; they then refer to modern medical issues later on as well so I’m guessing they like medical issues particularly.

Anyone else been called to interview yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah jus got my letter today :biggrin: sooooooo pleased...21st of november at 1.30 pm
same.. 21st nov.. so happy about it :biggrin:
Reply 3
by the way, are you guys exclusively pharmacy applicants? jus tryna determine if they isolate all hopefule med/dent ppl!
Reply 4
hi i received an interview letter today and im a med applicant plus my PS had absolutely nothin to do with pharmacy solely based on Med and i didnt send in additional PS, so if u get decent grades and good ref got a good chance
Reply 5
sounds like most of us are hopeful meds/dents.....i heard from a current LSOP student, that our interviews are normally harder than ppl that applied with a pharmacy PS.
Reply 6
Tabarak
sounds like most of us are hopeful meds/dents.....i heard from a current LSOP student, that our interviews are normally harder than ppl that applied with a pharmacy PS.

Well done Tab, my one is a week before yours, I could fill you in about what they asked me :biggrin:. Everyone who got an interview in my college for LSOP are either med or dent applicants. I think they are getting these people out the way quicker for some reason :-S
Reply 7
awesomee! please do fill me in!!! altho i am a med/dent hopeful, im more likely to end up in pharmacy so this interview is quite important!! so hook a brothaaa up! oii whats ur msn man?
Reply 8
Tabarak
awesomee! please do fill me in!!! altho i am a med/dent hopeful, im more likely to end up in pharmacy so this interview is quite important!! so hook a brothaaa up! oii whats ur msn man?

You've had my MSN for years. It's Khoshkhoo....:biggrin:
Reply 9
hi mk wens ur interview mines on 21st nov 1.30
Reply 10
amh189
hi mk wens ur interview mines on 21st nov 1.30

on the 14th at 1.30. I know two other people from my college who have got the same date and time. I'm not sure how they organised it. But I'll make sure to inform everyone about the interview! But From what I hear it is not that pressurised or intense. I heard that it is very informal and it is just general discussion regarding ur PS.
Reply 11
lol my PS is all about doin medicine but i mentioned pharmacist once bout my work exp in a hospital thanks ill check back for info! good luck nd hope u get an offer
Reply 12
by the way what is everyone wearin to this interview just gonna wear a suit and tie
not gona bother with the tie, just black trousers and a shirt.
Reply 14
mkchelsea
Everyone who got an interview in my college for LSOP are either med or dent applicants. I think they are getting these people out the way quicker for some reason :-S

Same with my friend, she applied for dentistry but got the letter for the interview on the 21st Nov too. She wants to change the date though as she think that its too soon! Are they really going to make it harder for the med/dentisty applicants and what sort of question do you think they may ask?

Thanks!!
Reply 15
Hi guys...i applied for dentistry and pharmacy as backup...I dont know a thing about pharmacy and havent done any w.e.
does any1 know waat type of questions will come up???
any help will be appreciated
Reply 16
petzneo
Same with my friend, she applied for dentistry but got the letter for the interview on the 21st Nov too. She wants to change the date though as she think that its too soon! Are they really going to make it harder for the med/dentisty applicants and what sort of question do you think they may ask?

Thanks!!

I hope they don't make it hard for med/dent applicants! lol, From what I've heard, the question aren't that hard and its a nice discussion. Most of the students at LSOP are people who initially applied to dentistry and medicine, so I guess it should be okay. My interview's is in only a weeks time, I'm so unprepared! haha, oh well...
khoshhh, are you never online or have you blocked me :frown:....im gona PM you my msn as its no longer rapfan......oh and iv researched abit about drugs and current issues :biggrin: check out the bbc website and the health section for important headlines
Reply 18
Yep..i got 1 Dec 5 at 1.30!!
Ne1 els got 1 on da same day??
Reply 19
i've got one on the 6th at 1:30

Latest

Trending

Trending