The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

well think about how high your course ranks,
rhul is a good uni in general but for geography its in the top 5 or something
and my lecturers write the books i study, and give you help all the time and the research part of it is huge
its a nice uni
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
I think it's important to remember that it's a UOL degree that you end up with. It varies from subject to subject. I think I made quite a good choice with French and Spanish. French is no.6 in the UK and second only to UCL in the UOL.

Also, I think that the St Georges merger will help to raise RH's reputation.
Hana_1987
Also, look at the course syllabus for the subject you're interested in. I had a peek at the ucl history courses, and whilst it would be amazing to go to ucl (for the rep and that it's in london so I wouldn't be spending hours travelling), the courses they do don't grab my attention the way the one's rhul does for me! Ignore the fact that I'm considering doing an MA at ucl!

Go for UCL. As a current RHUL MA student, I wish I had applied to UCL or KCL instead.

Take of that what you will :smile:
Is there anything in particular that makes you wish that you applied for KCL/UCL rather than RH?
Algebrafright
Is there anything in particular that makes you wish that you applied for KCL/UCL rather than RH?

I'm a postgrad so it's far more academic related than anything else! :smile: Love the uni itself, the campus, accommodation is pretty nice and there's plenty to do if you want to do it :biggrin:
Original post by flexiblefish
Yes Royal Holloway, University of London is highly respected in many subject areas.

It is an old college of UoL, it is constantly ranked high in league tables (if you like that sort of thing) RHUL was ranked 13th by the telegraph and PWC http://www.thegooduniversityguide.org.uk/league_static.php?auth=1&order_by=rank&startNum=13&endNum=24&search_ins_old=
BUt in times its 24th... but these are much of a mutchness.

You get a University of London degree, i.e. same as folk at SOAS, Queen MAry, KCL, LSE, a few folk at ICL (like me)... so pretty prestiges.

But it all depends on the course you are doing.

BTW, the reason you may get some folk slagging it off is because its a relatively small college outside of the M25 in a small town. But you asked about rep, its pretty darn good. Thats the joy of being a good college in the UoL.

ANyways it doesnt matter about the rep, go check it out, read prospectus, visit.... see if the place is for you.

Actually I am applying for Biological Sciences, so Is it good for that? I from India, planing to study in UK. I am worried about reputation of college there, as I will be spending huge amount of money for graduation.
Royal Holloway has a well-established and good reputation. It is one of the oldest universities in the country, and the third college to join the University of London in 1900. Like most universities it has various departmental strengths. Based on international rankings that don't bias the less science and engineering focused universities (Times Higher Education), Royal Holloway ranks is currently ranked 17th in the UK, 36th in Europe, and 118th in the world. It has a world-class campus and a world-class library currently in construction.
Original post by seblebanon
Royal Holloway has a well-established and good reputation. It is one of the oldest universities in the country, and the third college to join the University of London in 1900. Like most universities it has various departmental strengths. Based on international rankings that don't bias the less science and engineering focused universities (Times Higher Education), Royal Holloway ranks is currently ranked 17th in the UK, 36th in Europe, and 118th in the world. It has a world-class campus and a world-class library currently in construction.

Please stop reviving old threads. I'll close this one now.

Latest

Trending

Trending