The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well obviously there's the factor that it's the capital city whcih can go both ways to be honest. This means it will be very expensive to live in and go out etc. but also being London you will get very very good experience in the hospitals. PLus, the public transport is very good, although not the cheapest.
Reply 2
Have you bothered to read the prospectus?
What might be an advantage for you might be a disadvantage for someone else. For example, someone on here might say that the fact that Kings do integrated (I think they do anyway) instead of PBL might be an advantage however for you that might be a disadvantage.

You need to research these sort of things yourself and see what you like etc.
lil groovy dude
What might be an advantage for you might be a disadvantage for someone else. For example, someone on here might say that the fact that Kings do integrated (I think they do anyway) instead of PBL might be an advantage however for you that might be a disadvantage.

You need to research these sort of things yourself and see what you like etc.

integrated and PBL aren't mutually exclusive :wink:

they're on about different things. two scales:
traditional (biochem, anatomy, physiology, pharmacology etc.) to integrated (systems)

and

lectures to pbl
Reply 5
Advantage - It's in London
Disadvantage - It's in London

Different people different views. I personally chose it because i like the 'integrated lecture' style of teaching, you may hate that.

Read prospectuses, although its sometimes hard to understand exactly what they are saying, its much better if you say "Oh the prospectus says this, can i confirm that this means this", than just getting us to list loads of different things .

:biggrin:
bright star
integrated and PBL aren't mutually exclusive :wink:

they're on about different things. two scales:
traditional (biochem, anatomy, physiology, pharmacology etc.) to integrated (systems)

and

lectures to pbl

Meh :p: I don't really understand the difference :p:
there's pretty good explanations on the wiki.
Reply 8
Do your own research!
Tell you what a big disadvantage is. IPE. But don't say that in an interview because they will hit you. They love IPE more than they love their first born child.
I don't like IPE. I think you can tell.
Ipe???
Interprofessional Education? Argh, was awful!
okay, wft.... i keep editing that pst above to say IPE and it just ends up Ipe. retarded tsr. i've never seen it correct anything ever before.
digitalis
Interprofessional Education? Argh, was awful!

hahahahahah. it's my favourite part. we haven't had a proper module yet. we just have retarded objectives like "what is the role of a midwife?" "how can we enhance the effectiveness of the MDT?"
Reply 13
it's in londonnnn which is groovy
We have to do consent at the moment. :frown: We've already done it like 3 times.
The nurses take it far too seriously. I worry for them.
Disadvantage: It has a connection to King's College London. (sorry the redsox :p:).
Advantage: Ummmmmmmmmmmm
Reply 16
Disadvantage: The lecturers include an ex-priest - a clear disadvantage if you have to stay behind with him after lecture........)
Advantage: McDonalds on campus! errrr thts about it.
Philosoraptor
Disadvantage: It has a connection to King's College London. (sorry the redsox :p:).
Advantage: Ummmmmmmmmmmm

I'm sure you're sorry! :p:

Oh, yes, the only on-campus McDonalds.

Well, I can't sit here and let Philo slag off my uni! So: I love St Thomas' Hospital. It is the best and if I never have a placement there I will cry.
Guy's Hospital has the tallest hospital tower in Britain, apparently.
Guy's Campus is very pretty.

Not that any of that will help you in your interview! :smile: Perhaps you could mention how KCLMSGKTH (I think that's what it's called now? Something ridiculous) has many many centres of excellence. Ah, I forget what exactly it is now. You can look it up yourself, if you're interested.
theredsox
I'm sure you're sorry! :p:

Oh, yes, the only on-campus McDonalds.

Well, I can't sit here and let Philo slag off my uni! So: I love St Thomas' Hospital. It is the best and if I never have a placement there I will cry.
Guy's Hospital has the tallest hospital tower in Britain, apparently.
Guy's Campus is very pretty.

Not that any of that will help you in your interview! :smile: Perhaps you could mention how KCLMSGKTH (I think that's what it's called now? Something ridiculous) has many many centres of excellence. Ah, I forget what exactly it is now. You can look it up yourself, if you're interested.

well.... anything with a name like that MUST be cool :wink:
theredsox
Do your own research!
Tell you what a big disadvantage is. IPE. But don't say that in an interview because they will hit you. They love IPE more than they love their first born child.
I don't like IPE. I think you can tell.

I'd never heard of IPE before I got to Kings yesterday. Someone told me that it's a good thing to mention as they love it ... though I didn't have a chance to slip it into my interview. >.<

Latest

Trending

Trending