The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wahey I got parents, and a brother (why not a sister? :frown: ) hehe

And guess what, they are all SPSers... I'm a historian. Wonder who's gonna be the outcast in the family then. :mad:
Reply 81
Congrats! Get in touch with them asap - i'm very anxious as i haven't heard from my children yet!!!
Reply 82
this isnt fair....I WANT PARENTS!!!!
Reply 83
gzftan
Hey...just wondering...

Have you received your freshers pack from Caius yet?? Cos i still have nothing

G

No! Still waiting - though they did say early September, and this would be VERY early September so perhaps we're being impatient.
How do we hear from our college parents? Do they send us a letter?
They should do - a letter or an email. You should hear from them soon :smile:
sjoshi64
Well my dad is a B.J. Cooke (probably a bit rude to post his full name on a public forum)

Isn't it ruder to leave it as "BJ". Sorry - one track mind again.

MB
If you want to know about your lectures, there is a good chance that they will be on the camb website for your subject... I found my history lectures in a pdf format... a bloody long list. Not to mention what Ticki mentioned about them suggesting 35-40 hours of reading time per week... wow. :frown:

***EDIT***

oh crickey i made a mistake... i thought this was the "lectures" thread... sorry lol. I'm too lazy to try n move this message in there now though :frown:
Reply 88
sjoshi64
Well my dad is a B.J. Cooke (probably a bit rude to post his full name on a public forum) and my mum is C. Stoker (she hasn't contacted me just yet). He seems very nice, and I've confirmed that I got his message while I think up questions.

Oh, and thank you for the offer KHL!! I have plenty of economics questions, any chance you could point me to your wife? thanks!!

ahh... 3rd years... figures, considering i did not know any geog-medic pairs in my year. c was my cox for may bumps :biggrin: she's nice too! don't know who mr. cooke is though... (none too familiar with geographers in the year above...)

well, if you've got any questions, just email me and i'll forward them on (add 31 to my name and use my cam email address)
Reply 89
Counterpoint
If you want to know about your lectures, there is a good chance that they will be on the camb website for your subject... I found my history lectures in a pdf format... a bloody long list. Not to mention what Ticki mentioned about them suggesting 35-40 hours of reading time per week... wow. :frown:

***EDIT***

oh crickey i made a mistake... i thought this was the "lectures" thread... sorry lol. I'm too lazy to try n move this message in there now though :frown:

I also mentioned my ACTUAL 12 hour working week. Let's not get scared, kids.
Reply 90
yay my mommy wrote to me
Reply 91
GRRR this isnt fair!!!!
Willa
GRRR this isnt fair!!!!

I know :frown:

MB
Reply 93
polthegael
Are you a boatie-hater?

No, I quite like some of them really :wink: - the ridiculous hours of training does have its benefits. But I want my children to be able to make their own decisions rather than be pushed into them by an alcoholic abusive father.

MadLy
I dont think the Cam has many ducks......something to do with being scythed down by 8 sets of blades at once i guess

:eek: One of the guys in our 2nd boat actually decapitated a duck last term!!! :frown:
Reply 94
Quick question - I've an offer for 2005 - I take it this means that I'll get my freshers' pack/info etc next year? :smile:
Reply 95
sjoshi64
No! Still waiting - though they did say early September, and this would be VERY early September so perhaps we're being impatient.

So what.....it's early september...I WANT IT!!!!
lol

Maybe tomorrow!!!! *hopes*

G
Reply 96
musicman
Quick question - I've an offer for 2005 - I take it this means that I'll get my freshers' pack/info etc next year? :smile:

I'd assume so...since all the deadline and events will be different next year.

And i thought i had to wait for ages...you've got till next year!!!! :tongue:

G
Reply 97
KHL
ahh... 3rd years... figures, considering i did not know any geog-medic pairs in my year. c was my cox for may bumps :biggrin: she's nice too! don't know who mr. cooke is though... (none too familiar with geographers in the year above...)

well, if you've got any questions, just email me and i'll forward them on (add 31 to my name and use my cam email address)

thanks! I wil be in touch shortly. But what the hell are May Bumps? and I have a rough idea what a cox is but can't quite make the link...

I just saw the accomodation slips for a friend going to jesus and it is so confusing: there are 25 bands, the highest being 1000 pounds a term - apparently includes such basics as a grand piano though!! I havent recieved anything though, but shiuld be interesting to see. I wonder how many bands Caius has and how the rooms differ, Im looking for pictures.
cool_guy769
When do we get them?

I know I'm really behind on this thread, but haha! I got mine the day after results day!
Oh, and I don't have college Parents... Apparently at Catz I get a "nanny" instead...

Latest

Trending

Trending