The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
going to be controversial but i find the most annoying people to live with are upper middle class english people. do my head right in them lot. them and public school kids. really, just the snobbery behind them all used to really piss me off. currently away from england so don't have to worry bout that.

my czech flatmate did my head in last year, but that was because of who she is and not because she is czech.

got beaten to it, damnit.
Reply 21
fscksleep
The English are the worst.
They talk loudly, swear unnecessarily, forget to flush toilets and have poor personal hygiene.

If internationals don't like the English culture they should stay in their own country as harsh as that sounds!!! :redface: I have no problem with internationals but if they aren't going to try and fit in with the culture then what's the point??? English don't talk as loud as my Nigerian housemate GODDDDDD.
lol.

To be honest, I'm sure you don't mean anything by it, but it's rather amusing that you clearly don't realise how xenophobic/racist this thread seems...

I think next time you should think before you speak.

That or buy some duct tape, and apply about an inch or two below the nose, covering up that big gaping hole there.

:smile:
Reply 23
BornUnderPunches
lol.

To be honest, I'm sure you don't mean anything by it, but it's rather amusing that you clearly don't realise how xenophobic/racist this thread seems...

That or buy some duct tape, and apply about an inch or two below the nose, covering up that big gaping hole there.

Well said :p:
Reply 24
cpj1987
Well on that note, are the majority of your friends British, or do you hang around with a group of Chinese students?
I don't see why the fact that they feel more comfortable with people from their own countries/cultures makes them bad to live with?

I would like to get to know all cultures but like I said they don't want to know!!! It's not that reason why they are annoying it's because they are rude, inconsiderate and unpleasant to me at times.
Reply 25
Kimbolina
If internationals don't like the English culture they should stay in their own country as harsh as that sounds!!! :redface: I have no problem with internationals but if they aren't going to try and fit in with the culture then what's the point???

Personally, I find cultural differences interesting. I love learning about other cultures, and who better to teach me than international students?
Reply 26
Last year we had a guy from Africa who stayed with us. I learnt a lot from him, got inspiration from him and when we went out it was hilarious and fun. We are still really good friends. He did however seem to sleep at different times to the rest of us. For instance, he would get up at about 4 or 5 am to do work! He sometimes used to make calls early in the morning, and when he spoke he spoke quite loudly and sometimes it seemed like shouting! It was interesting in a way to learn about the culture though.

I also had a friend who moved accommodation because he claimed Indians were quite loud, playing their music etc.
Reply 27
BornUnderPunches
lol.

If you knew how nasty my housemates were to me you wouldn't say that, trust me.
WoWZa
Last year we had a guy from Africa who stayed with us. I learnt a lot from him, got inspiration from him and when we went out it was hilarious and fun. We are still really good friends. He did however seem to sleep at different times to the rest of us. For instance, he would get up at about 4 or 5 am to do work! He sometimes used to make calls early in the morning, and when he spoke he spoke quite loudly and sometimes it seemed like shouting! It was interesting in a way to learn about the culture though.

I also had a friend who moved accommodation because he claimed Indians were quite loud, playing their music etc.

...I know a chinese guy who get's up at 5am and goes to bed at about 10 or something. He got annoyed actually when someone suggested he might want to sleep in every once in a while...
Reply 29
Absolutely no need to delete my comment. Grow up whoever did it.

BNP ftw.
Reply 30
Kimbolina
If internationals don't like the English culture they should stay in their own country as harsh as that sounds!!! :redface: I have no problem with internationals but if they aren't going to try and fit in with the culture then what's the point??? English don't talk as loud as my Nigerian housemate GODDDDDD.

sometimes we come because there is nowhere else to go. Queens Belfast doesn't do my degree, simple as. given any other choice, i'd rather be at Queens.

plus, in my experience, the english are also far too polite to tell you anything to your face. i find that habit exceptionally annoying cause it creates a culture of back-biting and bitching.
Reply 31
cpj1987
Personally, I find cultural differences interesting. I love learning about other cultures, and who better to teach me than international students?

Oh so do I!! I find it intriguing how my German housemate always eats warm bread in the microwave with yoghurt on it lol. Personally, I love the idea of living with internationals just the way they act towards me is really rude.
Kimbolina
If you knew how nasty my housemates were to me you wouldn't say that, trust me.

As I said in your other thread about your 'horrible' and 'nasty' international student housemates, maybe your attitude isn't helping.
Reply 33
Kimbolina
Oh so do I!! I find it intriguing how my German housemate always eats warm bread in the microwave with yoghurt on it lol. Personally, I love the idea of living with internationals just the way they act towards me is really rude.

yeh, but as you said yourself, their rudeness isn't nationality-related.

Also, 'my German housemate always eats warm bread in the microwave' - how does he/she fit? Very impressive, german contortionist. :p:
Reply 34
BornUnderPunches
...I know a chinese guy who get's up at 5am and goes to bed at about 10 or something. He got annoyed actually when someone suggested he might want to sleep in every once in a while...

Heh. We came back from a night out once (it was about 4 or 5 am) and this guy said he had to go to work afterwards. I was like "Yeah, whatever", and he left the house to go to work! Seemed like a hard worker.
what annoys you? woudl you rather live with someone who's dirty but outgoing and friendly or someone clean but reserved?
Reply 36
cpj1987
yeh, but as you said yourself, their rudeness isn't nationality-related.

Also, 'my German housemate always eats warm bread in the microwave' - how does he/she fit? Very impressive, german contortionist. :p:

Lol sorry!! It's late, I'm tired!! You know what I mean though :p: I was just saying from what I have observed the behaviour of each nationality tends to be the same. I only wanted to know like little things they do to annoy you not at all being racist!!
Reply 37
CheesyBeans
As I said in your other thread about your 'horrible' and 'nasty' international student housemates, maybe your attitude isn't helping.

Maybe. Maybe I like to be excluded and **** :smile:
Reply 38
The English are pretty reserved anyway. I was with a Greek girl once at the cinema (the ice cream/seating area) and she was like "Everyone is like little mice" :tongue:
Reply 39
Kimbolina

His response was just a critique of your ridiculous thread.
I'm Danish/Mexican from Sweden residing at a British university. Of course I do not conform to all the British customs but I do an effort. And quite frankly, some of the British students drink so much I find it disgusting, so should I conform to that custom too? I don't think so :rolleyes:

Latest