The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fscksleep
I am a Scot, not international and still think that the English students are far more annoying than any international students.

what attributes to english students have which annoy you
Reply 61
Kimbolina
Oh feck it. I probably came across as totally how I didn't want to lol.

You come across as racist.
Are you related to Enoch Powell or Ben Griffin ?
Reply 62
hermaphrodite
what attributes to english students have which annoy you

They are arrogant, rude and generally racist. Kimbolina's attitudes are typical of the racist attitudes that many English students have.
In addition, they talk loudly, swear unnecessarily, forget to flush toilets and have poor personal hygiene.

I am not international, I am Scottish.
fscksleep
They are arrogant, rude and generally racist. Kimbolina's attitudes are typical of the racist attitudes that many English students have.
In addition, they talk loudly, swear unnecessarily, forget to flush toilets and have poor personal hygiene.

he speaks some truth :flute: hehe
i dont think she is annoyed by particular nationalities, but is annoyed by the attributes which seem to be common in a partcular ethnic group.

as an example i could say i hate the british; well i dont really hate the british, i just hate people with stiff upper lips. but instead of saying i hate people with a stiff upper lip i say i hate british people. generalisations.

above i said i couldnt live with nigerians; its not cos i dont like nigerians; it's their accents which annoys me. instead of saying i hate people with a nigerian accent i simplify it and say i dont like nigerian people (which isnt strictly the case). if all the nigerians spoke like david lammy; then i wouldnt have made the statement i made above (that i dont wanna live with nigerians).
fscksleep

i agree with the poor personal hygeine. that "irates" me the most.
Reply 66
How can people go i can't live with "nigerian, americans, indians and chinese (ie hermaphrodite) surely its the person not the nationality. I live with all of those nationalities...you have your nice ones, you have your not so nice ones. End of, ntohing to do with nationality
Reply 67
hermaphrodite
i dont think she is annoyed by particular nationalities, but is annoyed by the attributes which seem to be common in a partcular ethnic group.

as an example i could say i hate the british; well i dont really hate the british, i just hate people with stiff upper lips. but instead of saying i hate people with a stiff upper lip i say i hate british people. generalisations.

above i said i couldnt live with nigerians; its not cos i dont like nigerians; it's their accents which annoys me. instead of saying i hate people with a nigerian accent i simplify it and say i dont like nigerian people (which isnt strictly the case). if all the nigerians spoke like david lammy; then i wouldnt have made the statement i made above (that i dont wanna live with nigerians).

I think you have explained what I meant well. I am NOT racist and have apologised for coming across that way!!! I am not annoyed with the nationalities just like you said the attributes. Like screaming and shouting at 4am, stealing food and generally ignoring me sometimes for no particular reason. Oh and leaving pubes in the shower.
hermaphrodite

well then she should have been more specific, because using your example, i can safely say not all nigerians sound the same. i find the accent annoying as well, but half of the nigerians i've met haven't got it thankfully. but then she hasn't exactly said any attributes of the nationalities she lives with that she dislikes. she was basing her dislike based on characteristics of the person and their behaviour e.g. the nigerian girl being a talkative and being loud, and the others not talking to her. that's nothing to do with any common trait/characteristics nigerians share or germans/other nationalities share. that's where the problem is.
Reply 69
Kimbolina
I think you have explained what I meant well. I am NOT racist and have apologised for coming across that way!!! I am not annoyed with the nationalities just like you said the attributes. Like screaming and shouting at 4am, stealing food and generally ignoring me sometimes for no particular reason. Oh and leaving pubes in the shower.

I don't care what nationality you are...THAT IS JUST WRONG!

btw...how do you know its pubes? It could be really short hair! :p:
Kimbolina

those are personal attributes not ones that can be transferred to a nationality/race as whole. you're digging an even bigger whole for yourself girl, you best stop now before it gets worse. seriously.
emdo
How can people go i can't live with "nigerian, americans, indians and chinese (ie hermaphrodite) surely its the person not the nationality. I live with all of those nationalities...you have your nice ones, you have your not so nice ones. End of, ntohing to do with nationality

the first three; their accent annoys me. chinese i couldnt live with cos the smell of the food they cook . i'd have to leave the premises everytime they cook (assuming they cook what they normally eat at home). if they brought a sarnie everyday from greggs for lunch and dinner, it wouldnt annoy me. (i dont eat at chinese takeaways/restaurants)
Reply 72
La Trampa
well then she should have been more specific, because using your example, i can safely say not all nigerians sound the same. i find the accent annoying as well, but half of the nigerians i've met haven't got it thankfully. but then she hasn't exactly said any attributes of the nationalities she lives with that she dislikes. she was basing her dislike based on characteristics of the person and their behaviour e.g. the nigerian girl being a talkative and being loud, and the others not talking to her. that's nothing to do with any common trait/characteristics nigerians share or germans/other nationalities share. that's where the problem is.

Just from what I've obviously experienced first hand and from friends etc who also live with these nationalities, they all tend to behave the same that's all.
Reply 73
emdo
I don't care what nationality you are...THAT IS JUST WRONG!

btw...how do you know its pubes? It could be really short hair! :p:

Unless they wash their hair with MY shower sponge? *cries*
Kimbolina
Just from what I've obviously experienced first hand and from friends etc who also live with these nationalities, they all tend to behave the same that's all.

right. let's get this straight.

you're trying to say basically that nigerians, germans and whoever else you've got there, are theives, screamers and shouters at 4am and ignorers of yourself for no particular reason, and oh they are leavers of pubic hairs. all those things i've listed (you listed) are what defines a nigerian, german etc etc. you're stupid. seriously.

tell me you've never met a group of english/british guys and girls who don't randomly scream and chant at odd hours of the day, tell me you've never heard of home students who've got their food nicked from the kitchens by other home students. tell me you've never lived oor heard of an english boy who has decided to leave his toe nail clippings or pubic hair or pee on the seat or in the shower. you've obviously had a very sheltered ignorant life.

so the native boys and girl of the various cities and towns of england,wales and scotland are immaculate innocent well behaved individuals who have never committed crimes before? seriously, you're being silly. walk away now.
Reply 75
hermaphrodite
the first three; their accent annoys me. chinese i couldnt live with cos the smell of the food they cook . i have to leave the premises everytime they cook (assuming they cook what they normally eat at home). if they brought a sarnie everyday from greggs for lunch and dinner, it wouldnt annoy me.

Well, if they want to eat what they eat at home, who can blame them? Personally i wouldn't mind a bit of nigerian food now and then and i cannot see myself getting satisfied with a sandwich from Greggs :rolleyes:
emdo
Well, if they want to eat what they eat at home, who can blame them? Personally i wouldn't mind a bit of nigerian food now and then and i cannot see myself getting satisfied with a sandwich from Greggs :rolleyes:

I'm just saying that's why i wouldn't wanna live with them. sometimes, say once a month, my flatmate cooks "oriental" food and i leave the house and don't come until about 4 hours cos i know the smell will have gone. the smell of food bothers me. it doesnt bother others; i appreciate that.
Reply 77
La Trampa
right. let's get this straight.

you're trying to say basically that nigerians, germans and whoever else you've got there, are theives, screamers and shouters at 4am and ignorers of yourself for no particular reason, and oh they are leavers of pubic hairs. all those things i've listed (you listed) are what defines a nigerian, german etc etc. you're stupid. seriously.

tell me you've never met a group of english/british guys and girls who don't randomly scream and chant at odd hours of the day, tell me you've never heard of home students who've got their food nicked from the kitchens by other home students. tell me you've never lived oor heard of an english boy who has decided to leave his toe nail clippings or pubic hair or pee on the seat or in the shower. you've obviously had a very sheltered ignorant life.

so the native boys and girl of the various cities and towns of england,wales and scotland are immaculate innocent well behaved individuals who have never committed crimes before? seriously, you're being silly. walk away now.

Don't be silly of course I'm not saying they are all like that!!!! Gosh I have come across the wrong way I'm not too good at explaining things, sorry if I offended you. I'm just saying that most people in a culture tend to be pretty similar as someone mentioned earlier Chinese are lazy or something and Germans are hard working??? (I don't know if that's true) this just is more specific if you get me.
Reply 78
Kimbolina
generally ignoring me sometimes for no particular reason. Oh

I too would ignore racists like you.
You are an ignorant racist.
I am ashamed to share the same country with you.
You give the British a bad name.

It is because of English people like you that we Scots prefer to be Scots instead of British.
Bring on Independence for Scotland !

SCOTLAND WAKE UP !!!
but that is what you're saying. i'm not offended by you, i'm offended by what you're saying.you don't make sense (or what you're saying doesn't). you're contradicting yourself,and like i've suggested previously, you should just walk away because you're just digging yourself a bigger hole.

most people is a lot of people. like you said, you don't know many international students meaning you have no right to generalise like you did. and yes you might have friends who know some internationals, but unless you've met up to 50 between all of you and interacted with them for a long while, i think it's safe to say that your generalisations have no basis at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending