The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
Wander over to www.xnet.ex.ac.uk/forums - there are more Exeter students there than here so you might get more help with your question there :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
One of my friends is taking straight french here and has a C at A-level. I'm sure they will consider you if your personal statement is good, and especially if you mention your resits. An A in history and a B in french is what I have and I'm taking history and french. The advantage to taking languages is that it isn't anywhere near as competitive as other subjects from personal experience.
Anyway- good luck!
Reply 3
winged_llama: out of interest, how does your friend cope with French at degree level with a C at A Level?
Reply 4
Thanks a lot!!
Angelil: I'm not really sure! We are only in one seminar group together and she gets along fine in that. I think she spent some time in france on her gap year, so that should have helped a lot. However in french there hasnt been that much to differentiate between abilities unlike history- the essays set are in english and you mark your own comprehension so the only way I have any idea of where I stand is during speaking lessons. Even then its possible to bluff your way through with confidence, while shyer (?) french speakers could in fact be better.
So there we go- she seems to be muddling along at the same rate as everyone else and I'm finding the teaching very good towards all abilities at the moment!

Latest

Trending

Trending