The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
Hey, I didn't go to an open day at lancaster, but did go to ones else where and they were all pretty much the same. They showed you round the university, then gave you an interview. Nothing to be to terrified about :wink:. All my interviews were with one member of staff. They asked me questions along the lines of why do you want to take this course? what does this course involve? and some general science questions, which I got wrong but still got places :p: lastly they will ask you about yourself.
I don't think I needed to bring anything, but this may be different for you.
For the uni's I applied to they gave everyone an interview then used that and your PS to see if they want you.
Good Luck
P.s. My lecturer told me they mostly look for enthusiasm
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks, Dan.

Bought my train ticket today; no wriggling out now.
It said in my interview that it was 'informal' interview to 'discuss' my offer lol

did you get that aswell???
What do you think it means???? hmmmm
Reply 4
Eek i've been invited to the biological science open day thing too and it said about discussing the offer and having a one on one interview!
Reply 5
they re fine nothing to worry about all abit of a laugh...!
Pacibald
they re fine nothing to worry about all abit of a laugh...!

so what will happen then???

Oh what was the offer they gave you????
Reply 7
BBB was well chuffed with it.
Nothing will happen really! Nothing to worry about. You ll sit down in the LEC and have a chocy bicky with a cup of tea, then one of the lecturers will take you to there office and ask you interview questions i.e. why you wanna come here, what attracts you too the course, maybe have a chat over your personal statement! Seriously now nothing to worry about!
Reply 8
Do they like, ask you biology questions lol?
Reply 9
They ask you what interests you about the course like which module and why that module interests you. Not really to much knowledge though, this interview is getting to know you, they ll let the grades do the talking on the intelligence front.
on the intelligence front then eh?

interesting..DDD for me then
hey, SO, the interview was last saturday..they said they would give us an offer by next week (now this week) on the talk thing before the tour..

anyone heard anything yet? My ucas track is desolate..and i'm waiting desperately for their reply...If everyone has heard back i'm gonna fear the worst!!!!!

let me know!!!! ASAP

Latest

Trending

Trending