The Student Room Group

Should I Apply To Pharmacy??

Hey
My chemistry is crap i got a C for my as (1 mark from a b) so but am predicted a B my other grades are all A's. My teacher says that i should go to pharmacy because the people that went from my school last year had worse chemistry then me and that i will do fine, but I'm scared that if i go into pharmacy i wont be able to do the course because it will be to hard for me?? and if i apply and the uni's interview me and ask me questions like e.g. describe a carboxylic acid. what will i do because I WONT EVEN BE ABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS LIKE THAT.
Reply 1
i was 1 mark off a B aswell. and im retaking...its not that bad...but if you cant say that carboxylic acids have a COOH functional group, maybe pharmacy isnt for you...
Reply 2
i was i mark away from a B aswell, lol, but iam not retaking anything as i know i'll be able to def. get a B overall. as long as you get a B overall you can get into all the top unis, i think, well all the top unis usual only ask for a B in chemistry. But you can even get into pharmacy with a C

but you should def. apply for pharmacy, it's a heavy degree course :biggrin: and if you need any help iam sure the teachers will help you. Pharmacy's great, def. apply to do it :biggrin:
Reply 3
You need to work hard to bring that grade up to B minimum or an A if you are going for the harder universities. If you really want to apply for pharmacy, forget about the course at uni for the moment and concentrate on getting the interviews sorted and a B at A level for chemsitry. Pharmacy is heavily chemistry based so you need to do well in, if you don't think you can, then you need to seriously consider whether pharmacy is the right career for you or not. DOn't forget you always have a month or two, to read ahead of everyone else before you start the degree if you really think that you are going to struggle.

Latest

Trending

Trending