Scroll to see replies

M.A.H
my profile pic?

The Bush one :wink:
Reply 41
oh hahahaa
Reply 42
This is a chem bashing thread, not a bush one! :p:

Yeah so... damn A2 chem topic 12 &14, arenes etc is so boring and rubbish. Anyone agree? lol
Reply 43
arenes etc is so boring and rubbish. Anyone agree? lol

i disagree completely....organics is the best bit of chemistry
I used to hate organic when I first met it because it was so confusing - all those different rules, nomenclature etc. But now it's one of my favourite areas of Chemistry. I also strangely like transition metal chemistry... it must be those pretty colours :p:
Reply 45
Pretty colours!

If you do Edexcel, questions on transition metal chemistry are a gift - such easy marks and they're the same every year...
Reply 46
anybody got june 2007 paper for unit 1 chemistry, tryin get it off aqa website but its not there, cheers if any1 can help x
Reply 47
if anyone posts it they will have a place in my heart forever:P
anyone who did seperate award gcse should find this a walk thorugh the park, with (with birds singing, the sun beaming its glourious sunshine onto you, encouraging you to reach the end ot the park etc..)

what im saying is that {unit 1 chemistry} edexcel is all memory work. for example if you can remember the simple definitions of electron affinity/ ionisation energies (successive) and silly stuff like the simple tests for a Cl- ion..... and the five key points to mention when describing the thermal stability of compounds.

even at this early stage in this subject, alll the questions are as a broken record player. seriously, this subject (for As at least) is simply memorising. if u want to stand a chance of getting at least a B for the first unit the simplest way is to memorise. to the best of my knowledge most people struggle to grasp the simple concept of subtracting 2 from 0 i.e ionic equations

Oh please :rolleyes: Wait until you get a bit further in your course.
Reply 49
i sympathise with you :frown: i found the gap between GCSE and A level impossibly difficult to bridge! its definitely just.. sticking at it though. one day it just "clicks" really. getting bad marks is a good thing if anything; hardly anyone i know did well when they first started! its just, going over what you dont understand and LOTS of practice - past papers etc!

A2 on the other hand.. oh.. god.. haha
Reply 50
Sorry if that sounds silly I'm from Mauritius and I wanted to know which of OCR and Edexcel is the best board for chemistry?
Reply 51
i am doing OCR and it lacks in the physical side of chemistry with huge emphasis put on organics...i don't know about Edex, you should see what is in each and choose the one which interests you most...that is if you have a choice, which i assume you do, otherwise you wouldnt be asking.

Latest