The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

When did Edinburgh get back to you?

Poll

When did Edinburgh respond to your application?

Thought it might be a good idea to get a general average on when Edinburgh makes offers, just to let people (like me) a little less worried while waiting.

Scroll to see replies

I applied to Edinburgh in October 2005, for 2006 entry, and got my offer on February 28th 2006 at 20:05. A bit ingrained in the memory that one.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
I applied mid- october-ish 2006 for 2007 entry - they got back to me by November 17, 2006 (still remember it like the yesterday - it was the day I finished school and I found out the next morning due to the time difference to Australia). I got my revised offer (for 2nd year entry) some time in January or February, but that wasn't too much of a thing for me as I had already achieved the grades.
applied mid oct 2006 for 2008 entry. Got my offer sometime in april 2007 -can't remember exactly though. It depends quite heavily on what you apply for- like my mate applied for Geog Msc and got an offer in Dec, but I applied for Geog MA and had to wait til april. weird.
Reply 4
Applied the 12th of October and got my offer on the 12th November :smile: But it wasn't an overly popular course!
Reply 5
I sent my application to Edinburgh for International Relations on October 26th. When I can expect a reply from them?
Reply 6
r6mile
I sent my application to Edinburgh for International Relations on October 26th. When I can expect a reply from them?

Early 2008.

Late November/December if you're lucky :wink:
Reply 7
I remember this!

I applied around 10 Nov. '06 and received my offer around 15 Dec. '06. I was pleasantly surprised at how fast they were. Unfortunately it wasn't a precursor to their performance once you arrive here.
Applied 12 November 2007, offer 27 November 2007
Applied at the start of October 2005, got my offer at the start of Febuary 2006. The arts courses seem to take longer than the sciences, bear that in mind. If its gonna come it'll come eventually.
I applied 21st of November got my offer today (4th of December).
Reply 11
PlaystationStudies and Citrine1990, how could you get an offer so quickly?? In two weeks!! I applied over a month ago, and still haven't heard anything besides an acknowledgement.
r6mile
PlaystationStudies and Citrine1990, how could you get an offer so quickly?? In two weeks!! I applied over a month ago, and still haven't heard anything besides an acknowledgement.

Well to be fair I did apply for Geology which isn't the most competitive subject out there, I know many people still waiting for an offer from Edinburgh so I would'nt worry.
LazyLuke
Thought it might be a good idea to get a general average on when Edinburgh makes offers, just to let people (like me) a little less worried while waiting.

I got an offer today, for Politics and Social Policy, I assume the rest shall proceed in a bit.

(the rest being, all the other social science offers)
kashmir.noir
I got an offer today, for Politics and Social Policy, I assume the rest shall proceed in a bit.

(the rest being, all the other social science offers)

When did you send in your application?
FyreFight
When did you send in your application?

Ah, 5 days after the Oxbridge deadline.
I sent my application on the 28th of September and have had it acknowledged but no offer yet. Might be because I've applied for English Lit :biggrin:. I really hope Edinburgh give me an offer...
No news is good news, etc.
Reply 18
Applied for Economics and Accounting in October but still haven't heard anything else from them except for the acknowledgement. Don't really know when they'll notify me. :s-smilie:
Reply 19
Applied for Social Anthropology at the end of October - only had the acknowledgement so far. I hope to get at least one offer before Christmas!

Anyone find that their EUCLID system doesn't work too well? I can't seem to login (my account is always locked for 15 minutes after my first attempt; i'm sure i am using the right password too)!

Latest

Trending

Trending