The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sunspoon
Fair enough, but what happens if a patient presents with symptoms that you can't diagnose, or a disease that you can't treat? Would you still like Medicine, if you can't 'diagnose n treat' them?

Yes I would because it is a scientific career, can't get bored with that. Some people you might not be able to cure but at least you can help to manage and minimise their symptoms alot of the time.
mouse_mat
I can see where you're coming from, It's like having to know some EU legislation stuff for biology, totally pointless and not related to the subject. Doctors should be doctors, politicians should be politicians, managers should be managers, etc.

Thank you, at last someone who understands where I am coming from. I know that you have to know about political stuff for interview, its just annoying because that kind of stuff does not effect you until later on, and it should not really influence your decision to study a particular subject.
Yeah but in a system like the NHS, politics/management and healthcare are sure to overlap and mix.
Reply 43
after ALL that, I get asked NOTHING about NHS...

gah.

cool.

dam kidney dialysis!
Reply 44
Sea-goat...x
Thank you, at last someone who understands where I am coming from. I know that you have to know about political stuff for interview, its just annoying because that kind of stuff does not effect you until later on, and it should not really influence your decision to study a particular subject.
What do you mean it doesn't effect you until later on?

Do you mean that there's no politics involved in you getting into medical school?
Do you mean that there's no politics involved in your education at medical school?
Do you mean that there's no politics involved in what you behave like at medical school?

Cos if it's any of that, you're wrong.

It's terribly naive to believe that this shouldn't effect what you study. Remember that you are not applying to medical school to study a course, you're applying to enter the medical profession. If you don't want to be a doctor, for whatever reason (and by god there's a lot of reasons), don't study medicine.
Reply 45
argh.. renal its nothing personal.. but dam renal kidney dialysis! my interview revolved around it, with me having nothing to say! :frown:
Did you do some form of work experience at a Renal Dialysis ward?
Reply 47
yes, i started it.. me n my big mouth.. :rolleyes: "oh btw i have been to a renal ward blablabla..." argh!
If you answered the majority of your questions on Renal Dialysis I'm sure it was fine and not as bad as you think! :smile:
Reply 49
i shall find out in 2-3- weeks.. :s-smilie: i hate impatience.. :frown:
which uni was this interview about kidneys at?

btw i have no acknowledgement from leeds, nor birmingham. should i worry because i heard someone had an interview at birmingham the other day.
Reply 51
no dont worry, many unis give out interviews up till april-may.. it could be different for different people.. *slaps self.. obviously.. :rolleyes:

it was at kings but its only about kidneys as i brought up the topic myself.. :rolleyes:
it was at kings but its only about kidneys as i brought up the topic myself..

Ouch, unlucky.

On a side note, if you don't know about something, it's not worth bull****ting your way through it. Looks much better to say you don't know than to lie.

Latest