The Student Room Group

A good idea?

Well, examiners seem to be amrking people incorrectly, I've seen people on here you went up a grade or two from re marks.
in the exam paper in the margin it says "leave blank" i'm guess as it won't scan through on the computers, so If I actually write in the margin will this mean the examiner will give it a better look? Sorry if this is an unbelieveably stupid idea but I can't bear the though of my getting something like a C which is really a B because of incorrect marking :frown:
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
This is quite possibly the stupidest idea I have ever heard in my life. What exactly do you think writing in the margin will achieve? You're worried that the examiner will mark your work incorrectly and so your "fix" is to write in the margin? :confused:

I'm all for ingenuity, but i suppose there's a fine line between that and stupidity. Unfortunately, your idea is about as far away from the line as possible (in the direction of stupidity). The margins are there for the examiners to put some markings e.g. point out which AO you have hit; they're not a special part of the page that the examiners will approach in a "i must mark correctly" manner. I just don't understand your thinking behind the whole idea nor the practicality of it. Do you plan to write in the margin alone? Or put your key points in the margin?

Seriously, i'm very sorry if i sound harsh, but if you're worried about your paper being marked incorrectly, the best thing you can do is to work your hardest, revise as much as you can, try your best on the day, and then request a remark if you think you didn't get the mark you deserved. A lot of the time you will know what grade you think you got as soon as you have finished a paper. If this prediction doesn't match your result, then ask for a remark or for your paper to be sent back. Just don't write in the margins, it'll likely annoy the examiners and increase your chances of getting a lower mark rather than a higher one. Good luck, mate.
Reply 3
i always write in the margin haha.
so i dont think its a big deal.
why not just the the paper accordingly and not take any risks..its for your own good..rules are rules why to bug the examiner?..
If it says don't write in the margin, don't. Exams are no time to 'rebel against the system' for whatever reason.
Reply 6
ok... I realise stupid idea...time to let this thread die...
Reply 7
Didn't mean to come across as being that harsh, mate ;no;

But definitely don't do that :p:

Latest