The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The admission tutors have a set of questions for this year which they will use for the applicants, I guess. I'm pretty sure they will make up new questions for next year, but even if they do so, there's no point whatsoever in publishing them here, because that is not how admissions are supposed to work.

I don't think it is necessary to point that out to an Oxbridge applicant, but it's pretty stupid to tell others about the questions you were asked....
Reply 2
I'd hope that people had enough integrity not to post their interview questions up here (or anywhere). The admissions tutors have a hard enough job discriminating between candidates as it is - why make their job even harder?
Questions would also varey from student to student and colleges. So the questions should only be used to give you an idea of how hard the questions are. Not to allows students to prepare answers for possible questions when they get there.
Reply 4
If you're unsure what to expect, look at the mock interview videos, they're available on the Cambridge undergrad admissions site as far as i know. You will get an impression about how an interview feels like, and even a few sample questions for some subjects.
Reply 5
Y__
The admission tutors have a set of questions for this year which they will use for the applicants, I guess. I'm pretty sure they will make up new questions for next year, but even if they do so, there's no point whatsoever in publishing them here, because that is not how admissions are supposed to work.

I don't think it is necessary to point that out to an Oxbridge applicant, but it's pretty stupid to tell others about the questions you were asked....

They don't necessarily use new questions each year - I know this because my DoS found my entry on that database thingy and told me there was a mistake in it and so now they can tell which candidates had been using that site because they make the same mistake as me!

Don't post questions on here please. General topics/style of questions is ok, but specific questions is not.
Reply 6
No-one could have predicted the direction of many of the interviews, anyway (in which, sometimes, really quite random things are talked about). But no, please don't post questions around the place - what's the point?
Reply 7
Quite a lot of interview questions are specifically related to things such as a candidate's personal statement and submitted written work, so will completely vary by candidate.
Reply 8
for science subjects, i have to disagree with you people saying it's all student-specific.

a) asking everyone the same questions makes it easier to differentiate between them.

b) every question i was asked in my interview had probably been posted on TSR at some point.
Chewwy
for science subjects, i have to disagree with you people saying it's all student-specific.

a) asking everyone the same questions makes it easier to differentiate between them.

b) every question i was asked in my interview had probably been posted on TSR at some point.

True up to a certain point but sometimes they may slightly vary the question and they would know if people are too prepared and would ask them a harder question until they get out of thier confort zone.
Reply 10
Cexy
I'd hope that people had enough integrity not to post their interview questions up here (or anywhere). The admissions tutors have a hard enough job discriminating between candidates as it is - why make their job even harder?

More to the point, why make it harder for yourself to get an offer?

Latest

Trending

Trending